[Child Death] 12-Year-Old Girl Killed on Facebook Live by 13-Year-Old Friend

Discussion in 'Accidents' started by Maggot, May 18, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Aphotic

Aphotic Deathling

Mar 28, 2017
    Male
    USA
    That was intense, just watching how nonchalantly he was aiming the shotgun at her, then to even load it and do so... I can't imagine the extreme and immediate remorse after he'd realized what happened.

Something similar nearly happened to me once, we were shooting some pistols - and my Mother (who is a noob with weapons) was shooting the Glock9. Of course we instructed her on all the safety procedures to take before, during and after shooting the weapon. But I think the adrenaline got to her, and she forgot to aim the weapon downwards after she was finished, kind of the same 'Shooting' posture...with the weapon in her hands she waved it towards my face. Obviously my initial reaction was to 'duck' down. Though I didn't (obviously) get hit, it made me super nervous about being near anyone who is un-experienced with weapons. Things like this can and do happen... very sad. I feel terrible for her family.

GloryDionysus and Hobbax like this.
  2. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Moderador Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Yeah, I shot guns when I was a kid too. But it was under structured, supervised conditions. That's what I have a problem with here.

Honest One likes this.
  3. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
    These kids were old enough to know better, the shooter was totally fuckin stupid.

redditmodsaregay and Terror like this.
  4. Yoko

Yoko Death Head

May 1, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Seriously, I don't know if I'd ever keep a gun in the house with my own kids but if u do it that's fine just fucking keep them so locked up tight your kids can't get to them, kids are super curious so even if you hide a gun they can find it, I dont understand these parents who don't keep their shit locked up, like is it really worth it?

Squid Jones likes this.
  5. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Moderador Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Ayyyyy...it's Yoko! Waddup Bruh!!

Anyway yeah, statistically speaking, you are more likely to accidentally kill or injure someone in your own household with a gun kept in the house than you are to actually need to use it to protect yourself from a threat coming from outside the household. At least that's true in 'Murrika. I dunno about the rest of the world. But lemme stop because I'm not trying to start a gun debate here.

Airbornemama and Yoko like this.
  6. SANDMAN

SANDMAN Death Head

Oct 7, 2016
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    New York City
    Well if it makes you feel better. The video is a fake.

Airbornemama likes this.
  7. SANDMAN

SANDMAN Death Head

Oct 7, 2016
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    New York City
    Let's not all panic, the video is fake..

Airbornemama likes this.
  8. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama Staff Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    Was it REALLY??? Well ya if thats true then I feel a helluva alot better, now bring those little shits to me so I can explain how the Doctor is going to have to perform surgery to remove my foot from each one of their asses. (I'm sure I can find enough pissed off feet to do the job!):poop:

9. SANDMAN

SANDMAN Death Head

Oct 7, 2016
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    New York City
    Yes but please not mine, my feet are very sleepy.

Airbornemama likes this.
  10. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama Staff Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    Ok your feet can have this ass fight off, soak them in epsom salts and hot water, pure heaven.;)

11. Harper's Calling

Harper's Calling Death Head

May 21, 2017
    Female
    US
    Wow. I really do hope it's a fake. Doesn't sound like it is, though. Having 4 girls of my own, I can't fathom this happening to one of them. We keep our firearms locked in a safe with a very secret code. Not to mention that the bullets aren't kept in the same safe with the gun as a "just in case" measure because we know curious kids find ways into things we don't ever think they will. But moreover, how could a parent be oblivious to a bunch of children in their house loudly talking about the gun and it being in full view? Where was the supervision there? How did these kids have the chance to find the gun, take it, sit around playing with it and load it without an adult checking in on them? It's just baffling. I'm sure many will think I'm much too overprotective, but I have just always had the gift of foresight and always assess any situation and anything that could result from it. Of course we can't watch them every second of every day, and sometimes accidents just happen, nobody is foolproof. But I just can't imagine my own kids ever even finding our firearms to begin with, let alone having that much time go by without me noticing that they and their friends were handling it. Especially considering these kids were guests at a friend's home, too; a time when parents should be extra vigilant and aware about the activities of the extra children in their home that they are responsible for. This was such a devastating event. I just can't imagine the pain her father is feeling right now. How absolutely gut wrenching to experience such a tragedy.

Maggot likes this.
  12. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer The Kellogg's Stalker! VIP

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    Alrighty so firstly this is a terrible thing to happen, I don't know if I want to use the description of "accidental shooting" because for 1 the kid with the Shotgun was very much asking for trouble pointing it at & pulling the trigger when he was aiming at his "friends?"

But I'm going to start with the pictures first that were added to the original post. Picture 1 & 2 are very inconsistent with both the third pictures affected area & the kind of firearm used, they're very much so faked. A shotgun as stated by another person earlier would not just blow out that girls eye and affect no other area of her face, this as well as the fact that in the first 2 pictures it's her left eye that has been shot and in picture 3 (the more realistic) it's her right eye which has been shot. Again as another person mentioned earlier the appearance of many little holes in the girls face suggest to me that a "Bird Shot" cartridge was used in the firearm. (Bird shot is what hunters use against small game when they go hunting, the ideal round for duck hunting or "on the fly" game, it is also commonly used in competition shooting such as clay birds or trap shooting.)

Next picture four that's a break open (I'm guessing) Slug-gun, these aren't really used to kill game (however they can be used to kill small game such as very small birds and rabbits), they're a very small pellet round which the type of firearm this is are shot using compressed air in a cylinder that is pumped once the user lowers the barrel of the firearm to load the slug. The firearm in the video is very obviously an Under & Over 12 Gauge Shotgun as made apparent by pictures 5 & 6.

With that out of the way now I'm going to analyse the video in the video you can hear the boy pulling the trigger & opening/closing the barrel multiple times by listening for the clicking & sound of the Ejectors popping open, then you hear the closing and again click, click. Finally the kid puts the round in and you actually hear the shell go off, as somebody who goes shooting on a fairly regular basis with those kinds of firearms it's very much an authentic sound of a shotgun going off.

Infact here's a video that I posted a little while ago using a very similar firearm with dummy rounds just to prove the authenticity of the sounds you hear (excluding the blast of the round).

I'm against those who claim this video is faked, it's very authentic to me between the sounds of the firearm & the reaction of the kids in the video. The only part I question are the pictures posted.

Firearms safety should be a thing that ALL firearms owners teach to their kids if they have guns in the house, no exceptions. Once they're old enough to walk, talk & go to school they're old enough to learn responsibility and firearm safety! Accidents like this are less inclined to happen if you teach your kids to be responsible with firearms.

Zeus likes this.
  13. Ravenna

Ravenna Death Head

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Professor of Forensic Psychiatry
    Belgium
  14. The [Dethdad]

The [Dethdad] New Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Animator?
    The dark part of your mind.
    That's horrifying! The image of the boy with the shotgun is enough to creep me out. This my friends is why we don't play with guns. Because you'll get a hole in your head.

Cereal_Killer likes this.
  15. Gore_Obsessed_666

Gore_Obsessed_666 Drawing Blood

Jun 16, 2017
    Male
    Steel Worker/Sawer
    Washington
    That kid is fucking retarded!

Cereal_Killer likes this.
  16. deviant2

deviant2 Drawing Blood

May 2, 2017
    ...the long road
  17. Watcher76

Watcher76 Death Head

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    Critical Analyzer
    Texas
    Looks real to me. As for the wound appearing on both sides of the face in the two photos, one of them may be reversed, a common editing error.

18. 666

666 Deathling

Oct 3, 2016
    nice material!
    Great example of why gun safety is important

Cereal_Killer and Squid Jones like this.
  19. NoGod

NoGod Drawing Blood

Aug 17, 2017
    India
    There were a women who came to see guys in room, but she didn't resisted to play with gun. she was beautiful girl sadly passed away, this thing will always imprinted in the mind of other children and boy who pulled the trigger will always suffer this pain for lifetime. All the responsibility goes to parents there is no guilt of children because they were just trying to play.

The things like sharp edge weapons, guns, electronic materials or tools and risky pesticides or medicines should keep away where children can't find them especially from children under age of 15.

20. Carmel Watkins

Carmel Watkins Drawing Blood

Jul 14, 2017
    Female
    S/E
    New Zealand
    It's all Fun and Games Until somebody loses their life. Play with Guns, You get Shot... SIMPLE!