A New and Easier Way to Contribute!!

Discussion in 'How Can You Contribute?' started by Zeus, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I'm excited to announce that I've just set up a new and even easier way to help you make donations to the site!

As I've said before, all money related to Death Addict is outbound. I started this site as a passion. It's not a cheap venture to keep it up and running, and I'm doing everything I can to keep from wallpapering the site with annoying ads.

You can now help me keep it this way by making a monthly donation to keep the site free, mostly ad-free, and running smoothly.

I started a Patreon page that allows you to make an automatic donation of whatever amount you choose (and can comfortably afford), and do so at the beginning of each month.

You'll no longer have to go somewhere each and every time you want to donate, check your balance, or contact me again to see how to send it. You set it up once and forget it until if/when you no longer wish to donate. It's as easy as that. Stick to what you can comfortably afford, and the rest will take care of itself.

I'm also planning to start a VIP section (tentatively called The Death Attic) to reward those making a monthly donation above a certain amount. We're still ironing out the details of precisely what the perks will be, but will do our best to make it worth it for you.

In the meantime, you'll get a Donator badge under your username and avatar, regardless of the amount.

Please help me keep Death Addict running smoothly and consider donating an amount you can comfortably afford each month.

Peace and Slobber and Shit,
    Zeus

2. Outlaw

Outlaw DA's Killer Cowboy Casanova Staff Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Done

Zeus and Terror like this.
  3. Knock.em.dead

Knock.em.dead Death Head VIP

Jan 27, 2017
    Female
    Corporate sleeze
    Los Angeles
    I'm in every month via paypal :)

Zeus and Outlaw like this.
  4. kystarrk

kystarrk New Member Donator

Mar 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    Done! Thank you for this page.:p

Terror and Zeus like this.
  5. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Death Head VIP

Mar 23, 2017
    Female
    Snack Bitch
    Under the Rug
    Is there still a way to make a one-time donation...perhaps until I can commit to an automatic monthly?

Or nah?

Airbornemama likes this.
  6. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Abso-frigging-lutely. I'll PM ya.

7. StrangerBesideU

StrangerBesideU Wicked Clown VIP

Feb 25, 2017
    Female
    Clown Queen of Crime
    Arkham Asylum
    I'd love to donate because I love the site, but I am on disability and not sure how much I could afford. I've been contributing content though. I love your site, I really hope you keep it free for most things...What's the smallest monthly amount you'd accept...? (Or is there any way to keep it free or get VIP access without money, like writing Articles for you, etc. I can earn my keep, that's for sure!) Please inbox me.

DeathHand, Phantasmagoria and Zeus like this.
  8. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    PMing you.

StrangerBesideU likes this.
  9. DeathHand

DeathHand Let It All Bleed Out VIP

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm in the same boat - disability, no PaylPal, no Credit card, too many debts, etc.

I used to be a professional web designer and there are so many different costs to maintaining a website/forum. Most of my clients were big firms that had the money and the website was just advertising and keeping up with the times.

Keeping DA free would be best case for many members, but that doesn't help on the financial end of it. Nice that it is free but while we all post our stuff (and yes, many do contribute money) there's someone who is footing the bill out of their own pocket.

Personally, I would be right in line if DA began a 1 time yearly or lifetime membership fee. I'd find a way to get some money into my PayPal account for that. Making it mandatory for all existing members of course wouldn't work but many would probably cough up a membership fee (if Zeus gave us a special medal or something, lol) and then membership would/could apply to new members: a nominal amount and if can't do, a new member could get a trial period.

Just thinking off the top of my head to try and make Zeus a rich man, lol, J/K. But money is needed to help keep DA in the float.

Zeus, Warhead and StrangerBesideU like this.
  10. StrangerBesideU

StrangerBesideU Wicked Clown VIP

Feb 25, 2017
    Female
    Clown Queen of Crime
    Arkham Asylum
    I totally understand and will contribute money when I can, I just won't be able to as often as others. However, I am going to work on finding exclusive and/or new content to try and give back, too.

Warhead and DeathHand like this.
  11. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Y'all are all awesome. Both financially and content-wise. Truly.

Due to many things going to shit:
    - Lost my article-writing job a couple of weeks ago, taking $400 a month out of my pocket.
    - Article-writing bosses were so late with my last check that I went $471 in the hole in the bank.
    - Because of that, I'll receive $471 less when my other check direct deposits.
    - My final article-writing check is now 25 days late and counting.
    - Because of all that, my bills...which were finally caught up...are a month and a half behind and will be again this month.
    - Within a week, my servers (by May 4th), which I was writing in exchange for, will be going bye-bye, so I'll have to pay a minimum of $87 a month, if not more, to get them myself.

Every dime anyone has donated lately has gone directly towards food...then site-related shit.

I eat, sleep, breathe and bleed DA. Aside from my wife and my dog (and family, etc), it's all I have. This is more than a hobby to me; it's a passion and a calling. It took me 46+ years to be successful at something. DA is now 3rd in the USA in rank (compared to the bigger gore sites), and 4th in the world. We're ranked #1 on Google for some of the most viral shock and gore content...years after they hit the web. The hard work has and is paying off as far as exposure, but not otherwise. lol

Anyway....I appreciate every last damn one of you. You can belee dat shit, yo!

12. DeathHand

DeathHand Let It All Bleed Out VIP

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Failing credit cards and PayPal it'd be great if could hook up 'payments/donations' with Interac Online for folks that don't have the other options. You'd just need an official bank account to receive payments and folks with online banking could add that account as a Payee and pay with their debit cards - although probably not that simple, also not that hard.

Hell, maybe one day we'll all get together and buy you dinner :)

Outlaw and Zeus like this.