Abilene, TX Mattress Shooting

Discussion in 'The Newsroom' started by Viscera, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Viscera

Viscera Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
  2. Bloody Irish

Bloody Irish Death Addict

Aug 19, 2018
    Male
    Roofer/Floorer
    Boston, Massachusetts
  3. FoxVoxDK

FoxVoxDK Drawing Blood VIP

Jul 11, 2017
    Male
    Currently: Amager, Denmark
    A mattress and words does not give you the right to use lethal force. Even a fist to the face doesn't even come close. Here in Denmark the rules are pretty clear; you may use less or equal force against anyone who is causing you or others harm, is clearly intending to cause harm to others.

Sure, I'm not going to compare U.S. to Denmark, but come on, that was completely uncalled for.

§13 stk. 1:
    “Handlinger foretaget i nødværge er straffri for så vidt de har været nødvendige for at modstå eller afværge et påbegyndt eller overhængende uretmæssigt angreb, og ikke åbenbart går ud over, hvad der under hensyn til angrebets farlighed, angriberens person og det angrebne retsgodes betydning er forsvarlig”.
    "Actions taken in emergency self-defense are lawful in so far as they have been necessary to withstand or prevent an initiated or imminent unlawful attack and does not manifestly exceed what is considered appropriate in view of the danger of the attack, the person of the offender and the significance of the offense alleged".

§13 stk. 2:
    “Overskrider nogen grænsen for lovlig nødværge, bliver han dog straffri, hvis overskridelsen er rimeligt begrundet i at den ved angrebet fremkaldte skræk eller ophidselse”.
    "If one exceeds the limit of lawful self-defense, one will remain lawful, if the excess is justified by fear of ones own life and the momentary anger/rage/perplexity by situation(basically affective actions caused by a much larger person or several against one)". (This one was really hard to translate properly)

In rough terms, this means that attacks with punches can be reciprocated with punches, attacks with kicks can be reciprocated by kicks and attacks with deadly weapons can be counteracted by actions that are in themselves deadly or may be deadly.

Meh, I just hope they'll be charged for murder one.

4. OP
    OP
    Viscera

Jul 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    The second point reads like "If you go past the guidelines in #1, you're ok as long as the person was bigger than you, there were many others or they were acting in a manner that sufficiently confused and terrified you"

FoxVoxDK likes this.
  5. FoxVoxDK

FoxVoxDK Drawing Blood VIP

Jul 11, 2017
    Male
    Currently: Amager, Denmark
    Dead on. "Ophidelse" translates directly to excitement, but that's absolutely the worst translation ever. It boils down to the situation as you described above, just a lot more words.

6. Deadman_walking

Deadman_walking Drawing Blood

Sep 28, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Should be an interesting trial. This happened in my home state of Texas which is pro gun, pro self defense. A good lawyer might spring these clowns, dunno.

Personally I think all them are dumb ass trash and it would have been better if the garbage truck just flattened all of them. It never ceases to amaze me how lucky stupid fucks can be. People that dumb shouldn't live that long.

kayLaLuna likes this.
  7. Mark Baker

Mark Baker Death Head

Mar 15, 2018
    Male
    grampa
    Tipton , Indiana
    ask and ye shall receive

8. OP
    OP
    Viscera

Jul 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Amen

9. Queen_of__DeNial

Queen_of__DeNial Deathling

May 29, 2018
    USA
    I’m a transplant from rural Pennsylvania to a city in Texas. I learned very quickly you do NOT mess with people as the law is, if you fear for your life, just FEAR, they can use their guns, no problem! I know a women whose boyfriend drunkenly knocked hard on an older couples door (neighbor of girlfriend) and was talking loudly. They shot him through the door. In the back. I keep my North East road rage and nasty mouth to myself here!

10. jham

jham Deathling

Nov 3, 2018
    Male
    Pondscum
    US
    Anyone who goes outside wearing gym shorts up to their navel with a handgun calmly stating "come within 3 feet and I'm gonna kill you" is not to be messed with no matter how big and tough you think you are lol