Allied Attack on Syria Justified?

Discussion in 'Politics, Debate, Religion, etc' started by DeathHand, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Not Sure

4. Was This A War Crime?

5. Will Russia Respond Militarily?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    A small town, Khan Sheikhoun, a suburb of Damascus was hit by 110 missile strikes sent by the US, UK and French off shore ships last night. This small town is one of the last strongholds of Syrian rebels who had recently begun evacuating.

This coalition military strike was in response to the allies believing that the Syrian military had bombed that small town with chemical weapons, killing almost 100 people.

Among the 110 missiles that were fired Syria reports that most of them were intercepted by their weapons defense system. The attack was meant to hit 3 Syrian factories capably of manufacturing chemical weapons. Each target was hit.

President Trump had been indicating for the past week that he was going to strike Syria because of this latest alleged chemical bombing of a civilian area. He was militarily supported by the United Kingdom and France.

Allies of the US support last night's missile strike, even if they didn't participate in it. Foes of the US are strongly condemning it as a war crime against a sovereign state.

Are we looking at the potential for the start of World War 3? Will Islamic/Arab radical groups become even more determined in their quest to hit targets allied with the US?

Trump has threatened that more missile strikes against Syria are to come.

uguranocool, Squid Jones and Buggz like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Gore images and related images on the alleged chemical attack can be viewed HERE.

3. Fa11n1

Fa11n1 Death Addict

Feb 5, 2018
    Male
    I.T.
    South America
    Bashr Al Assad is a criminal, a man that goes to any extent to remain in power. Far from politics or blind fanfare, I believe we should've invaded Syria in 2003 instead of Iraq. Everything we went to seek in Iraq was actually in Syria. Enough said

JennaC79, Jess Marie and DeathHand like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Forgot to mention that @Ivanchuk posted up a similar thread prior to the US-led attack.

You can read it HERE.

FallofMan likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Well he is a dictator and any dictator in the minds of any democratic society is evil and cruel.

Prior to ISIS paying Syria an over-extended visit 6 or 7 years ago I don't remember hearing anything about Syria: even back when the US invaded Iraq. But now ISIS has apparently been largely booted from the country and has left a huge power vacuum in it's place.

Syria battled ISIS and now they have to continue battling half a dozen armed anti-government forces, some of whom are allied with the US (like the rebel group that occupied the town that was hit with the chemical bombs last week).

And then there's Russia, a strong Syrian ally, with their boots on the ground and Putin (perhaps a dictator himself in a sense) has no patience for the US intervening on his allies.

I agree about the whole Saddam Hussein fiasco, the US should never have become involved in that one. But Syria was not on the map and Assad's father was not doing the same shit to his people that Saddam was doing.

Fa11n1 likes this.
  6. Fa11n1

Fa11n1 Death Addict

Feb 5, 2018
    Male
    I.T.
    South America
    @DeathHand , of course most people tend to believe the over flow of deceiving news. Before the invasion the topic was Saddam, Zarqawi, Osama, and the real threat was ignored. There is so much that went down in those 2 years following the 9/11 attacks that by the time we went in the public even congress believed all the farse. I was perplexed and couldn't believe Powell's address at the UN. But history repeats it self now a Ba'ath party regime that really has everything Saddam did not have has 15 years late become our target. Sad but true

7. Otacon666

Otacon666 Drawing Blood

Mar 23, 2018
    United States
    This is all about expanding Israel's land & dominance, Israel is a nation of disgusting swine owned by the Rothschilds. Down with Federal Reserve & down with Israel!

PakistanZindabad and Richie like this.
  8. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    103 Tomahawk missiles launched at Syria and only 32 hit targets the rest shot down. Targets which are of zero tactical advantage. Most of the targets that were hit were abandoned and had not been used for years. The missiles cost alone for this strike was probably in the range of $210,000,000 and that's not including the boats, aircraft, manpower, and whatever other costs are associated with such a massive strike. All for an alleged chemical attack by a rebel group(moderate head choppers)who were having their asses handed to them at the time. Also, an alleged chemical attack that zeroes tangible evidence was provided for. They barely even let the OPCW inspectors land on the ground and do their job. Tax dollars hard at work folks!

Otacon666 likes this.
  9. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    We are back on the slippery slope as in Iraq and the phantom weapons of mass destruction. I just can't wrap my ahead around Assad using chemical weapons at this stage. They are winning, and in a big way. No way Russia would allow him to either. It makes zero tactical sense!

Otacon666 likes this.
  10. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    Lol I just walked through my living room and CNN is on and already piping on about WMD's.

Otacon666 likes this.
  11. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    Here's what the other side is saying.

Otacon666 likes this.
  12. Buggz

Buggz Death Head

Jan 19, 2018
    America
    I say we make it a parking lot fuck them all

13. JennaC79

JennaC79 Drawing Blood

Apr 4, 2018
    Female
    Usa
    No one deserves that. It's genocide to the fullest. Those infants and families did nothing wrong. That jerk isn't a dictator he cannot even take control of his entire country. It's divided and sections are run by isis...kurds...etc. He's a coward . He finally got a warning that maybe he needs to stop. What a complete monster. Bless all those babies. What a horrid death.

Fa11n1 likes this.
  14. Fa11n1

Fa11n1 Death Addict

Feb 5, 2018
    Male
    I.T.
    South America
    Agree @JennaC79 Assad is so coward he builds his arsenal depots near residential areas to blame collateral damage on anyone who attacks him and his thugs. It is sad and brutal but tyrants like him must be dealt with as swiftly and decisively as possible

SintoSoCal and JennaC79 like this.
  15. JennaC79

JennaC79 Drawing Blood

Apr 4, 2018
    Female
    Usa
    I agree totally. Those people need help. We aren't invading and assisting either side...all we did was demolish weapons he was using on civilians...who couldn't take care of themselves.

16. Miss-P

Miss-P Death Addict

Feb 5, 2018
    Female
    Australia
    what a lot of people miss is, no matter what is supposedly "justified" because of tit for tat shit .. we were all little children once. Can you think back to when you were a kid and find any justification for being hurt like that? Kids don't give two fucks about political junk .. kids don't even care or can differentiate between races of people or their political / religious or in grained bullshit. Play war games in your stupid sand pits and keep children out of it. Nothing burns by biscuit more than children being dragged into shit they don't deserve or have anything to do with. Fucking poison gas,are y'all kidding me? special place in Hell for you lot !!

PakistanZindabad and Otacon666 like this.
  17. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    The only Gas that Assad has laucnced, was after that big feed of shakshuka and falafel he had the other day.

18. Macabre

Macabre Deathling

Apr 14, 2018
    Male
    Student
    France
    For my part, it's no. I understand the Americans' point of view on the subject. But for a French like me this attack is not justified. Too bad we have a nice doggie US as president.

19. elemental

elemental Admin Staff Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    Retired
    U.S
    It's no different than Obama's missile strikes in Libya a few years ago.

PakistanZindabad and Otacon666 like this.
  20. Richie

Richie Death Addict

Feb 26, 2018
    Male
    Car salesman
    Utah
    And look at Libya now. The place is fucked, it's now a failed state. Yes Gadaffi may have not been the nicest fella on earth, but the majority of the Libyan people were better off then they are now without him. The same will and does apply to Syria.