Americans and Canadians

Discussion in 'Jokes & Funny Stories' started by DeathHand, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BumptyTime

BumptyTime Death Addict

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    USA
    Everything I know about Canadians is based on the documentary series
    "Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties."
    You guys have one civilised city which is Toronto right? And everything else is polar bears, moose, and Inandout natives. Or Inuit?
    Maybe it is just my luck but every Canadian I ever met online turned out to be not sane, to put it kindly. Coincidence?
    Were you born in an igloo?
    Why did you guys make Justin Bieber your PM? That was impetuous, but gutsy I suppose.

rilles and DeathHand like this.
  2. Ritual Ghoul

Ritual Ghoul Deathling

Jan 13, 2018
    Female
    Ontario, Canada
    I've had people remark how it must be cold in my house because I obviously live in an Igloo. I find some Americans just don't understand that Canada isn't much different from the US in terms of living conditions.

Others state that I'm too nice, and it must be a Canadian thing.

Some people really focus on the fact that because I'm Canadian I must say "aboot" every time I say "about", I don't, but it doesn't stop people from teasing.

During the summer when I remark to people that it's almost 30 outside, they go "Gosh that's pretty cold, what's your problem?". Confusing Celsius for Fahrenheit.

I think that's about it.

BumptyTime and rilles like this.
  3. Artiichoke

Artiichoke Drawing Blood

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    One piece at a time.

BumptyTime likes this.
  4. rilles

rilles Death Addict

Jan 1, 2018
    Female
    Treesniffer
    Saint John, NB, Canada
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Haha same! I booked hotel rooms for a living many years back and my “Canadian accent” was all too apparent. I live in NB and they could never figure out how I didn’t know so and so from Toronto. OR they would assume, very confused, when I said I was from New Brunswick I mean New Brunswick, New Jersey

5. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Lol. While not in the States, I was just over the border between England and Scotland and was wearing a "Hamilton Tattoo" t-shirt. I had to gas up the little Renault car and didn't realize that I was in Hamilton, Scotland.

The young lass at the station asked me, "When did Hamilton have a Tattoo?" She didn't quite understand that there was another Hamilton...in Ontario, which was were I got the t-shirt from during a Tattoo at Copps the year before.

Ritual Ghoul likes this.
  6. BumptyTime

BumptyTime Death Addict

Jan 6, 2018
    Male
    USA
    See? This would be funny if I was Canadian. I'm guessing no one was referring to Alexander Hamilton.
    One of my ancestors was a McDonald (not the clown) so I may have to possibly slay someone from any clan who has an issue with the McDonald folks.
    I had no idea Renault was still in business.

ThisIsSideOne likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Aye, well nice to see another descendant of the Donald (I'm a member of Clan Donald) - my grandmother was a MacDonald from Dingwall just outside of the Black Isle.

I think her brother had it the worst, well if he had been born in today's times...he was Donald MacDonald.

I've even played my bagpipes in the Valley of Glencoe, trying to lure the Campbells out of their dens. No Campbells but was one hell of an awesome time.

And the Renault car: that was back in 1998 when I was in Scotland.

Slainte :)

ThisIsSideOne likes this.
  8. Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher Life is but a dream.

Oct 25, 2016
    Female
    Rocky Mountain High
    @DeathHand You should upload a video of you playing bagpipes. So cool!

LilyC likes this.