Car Rams Crowd in Virginia - At Least One Dead

Discussion in 'Murder' started by Zeus, Aug 12, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Happened in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, today, August 12, 2017.

A 32-year-old woman is dead, and 19 others are injured.

A group of protesters were protesting the taking down of a Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue.

A group of counter protesters came around and all hell broke loose.

One of those counter protesters drove his gray Dodge Challenger into the back of multiple vehicles, then slammed it into reverse.

A male is in custody and the incident is being treated as a criminal homicide.

car-vs-protesters1.jpg car-vs-protesters2.jpg

Attached Files:

• File size:
      14.4 MB
      Views:
  2. Yumi

Yumi Death Head

Jul 19, 2017
    Female
    Poland
    The quality is pretty bad but it seems like a leg at around 0:21

3. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    Screen Shot 08-12-17 at 08.08 PM.PNG Screen Shot 08-12-17 at 08.11 PM.PNG
    Yep. If you slow the video down, you can see something tumble out of the damaged front of the car.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
  5. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    Meanwhile on the other side of Charlottesville,

6. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
  7. LovelyDayz

LovelyDayz Death Head

Jan 21, 2017
    Female
    Arizona, USA
    The live feed messages in the 1st video in the comments really show you that there are a ton of really sick individuals among us. Whether you agree with someone or not about a political/social issue does not mean you should feel glee about their death or injury. People make me sick :(

8. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    James Fields
    Screen Shot 08-12-17 at 10.12 PM.PNG
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- The suspect being held in a Virginia jail in connection with a deadly crash near a scheduled rally of white nationalists has been identified as James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio, according to Superintendent Martin Kumer with the Albermarle-Charlottesville County Regional Jail .

Fields is being held on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death.

One person died and 19 were injured Saturday when a car rammed a crowd of counterprotesters gathered to oppose a "Unite the Right" rally of white nationalist and other right-wing groups.

Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas said the suspect was taken into custody not far from the crash site.

Thomas told reporters a 32-year-old woman was killed while she was crossing the street. Her name was not released.

"What the world saw today is not the place Charlottesville is," Thomas said of the violence that preceded the scheduled rally. "We love our city. Let us heal. This is not our story. Outsiders do not tell our story. We will tell our own story."

Police said only that the crash is under investigation and have not commented on specific aspects of the crash.

9. AnnaVale

AnnaVale Death Head

Jul 17, 2017
    Female
    N.C. US
    This is insane. Sad and scary part about all of this is the fact that each time there is a rally or protest, things are happening and it seems each time they get worse. These mentally unstable people seem to step up the next person. Almost like copy-cats. You wouldn't catch me at one of these protest. I have kids to think about and my own life. It's sad all this bullshit is going on.

10. Odanobunaga

Odanobunaga DA's Resident Brazilian and Translator

Apr 20, 2017
    Brasil
    Fucking neo nazis. Scum of the earth. I'm speechless. I thought more people would have died. What bothers me is that if a brownish dude did it, it would be terrorism and he would have probably been shot to death right there. But nooooo. Criminal homicide it is. It's just a crazy white supremacist piece of shit

11. Poohbear

Poohbear Death Head VIP

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    South Carolina
    Who Is yelling medic? Someone's been watching too many combat vids

12. bbb

bbb Drawing Blood

Jul 9, 2017
    Male
    usa
    indeed, it was one of the red/white air jordan 12s worn by the black dude who is upside down in the picture.

13. Poohbear

Poohbear Death Head VIP

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    South Carolina
    Is that spot in the beginning of the video the possible spot where the lady was struck?

14. bbb

bbb Drawing Blood

Jul 9, 2017
    Male
    usa
    I'm guessing yes, maybe she got squished when he rammed those cars and she's possibly underneath it in the picture

15. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    I could not see it clearly enough to make a call, but I did notice that it kinda bounced around.

16. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    That might be just an oil spot and some litter as the car has not hit anyone at that time.

17. houghMongus

houghMongus Drawing Blood

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Sin, California
    Typical, all of a sudden the guy in the challenger isn't a terrorist. Now he is a victim of extreme minority violence... :catfight:

Odanobunaga likes this.
  18. Demiurge

Demiurge Death Head Donator

Aug 31, 2016
    Male
    Utah
    I don't believe they should take down that Statue of Robert E. Lee.
    We can't just erase our history.

bbb, Wombat, SANDMAN and 5 others like this.
  19. stalwart1

stalwart1 Death Head

Mar 27, 2017
    Male
    Styx
    Wasn't it just a shoe that fell out? Also crazy how easy he got away. I get that it's a car but it's surprising a crowd that big couldn't stop him, like break the window and grab him. It's also not that easy to drive backwards.

Mega Death likes this.
  20. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    Auto door glass is hard to break unless you have something made of metal, and kinda heavy. The ram a fist thru a door glass is movie bullshit. It's hard to to with a baton.

Mega Death likes this.