*CHILD WARNING* Dog Bite Pictures...

Discussion in 'Non Fatal' started by Airbornemama, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Ivanchuk

Ivanchuk Death Addict

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Professionally Unemployed
    The Moon
    I love his small pointed ears.

Bob Dobbs likes this.
  2. Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs Drawing Blood

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    U.S.

Socialization is they key. I brought my pit puppy to a friend's house with a cat when she was 3 months old. She learned quickly, with the help of some claws to the nose that cats are to be respected. She gave them a wide, but hopefully playful berth from that day on. And she eventually lived with two of my roommates cats for many years after.

She came with me to the exotic pet shop that I was manager of in a wildly diverse neighborhood from the day after I brought her home. She saw and interacted with a wide range of people and personalities.

Funny side note: (and I tell this only to show how different cultures have experienced the breed), if a black person opened the door, and saw a joyfully bounding dog that was obviously a pit coming at them, at least 50% of the time they would back up with a quickness and close the door just as quickly. I'd have to reassure them that she was happy to see them and invite them back in.

Escaped mice or rats were fair game at the shop. She was taught that those rodents were her job. And she did that duty like a border collie herding sheep. She killed a mouse that got into our house a month before I had to put her down.

And now I'm sad again.

3. Dark blonde Ashley Dawn

Dark blonde Ashley Dawn Drawing Blood

Mar 4, 2017
    Female
    Illinois
    Yo
    You and I have a lot in common. I'm also into exotics.

Airbornemama and Bob Dobbs like this.
  4. Dark blonde Ashley Dawn

Mar 4, 2017
    Female
    Illinois
    Sorry I don't know what the Yo is about. But it's there now. Lol

Airbornemama likes this.
  5. Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs Drawing Blood

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    U.S.
    Heh, I'm a Florida club kid from the 90's. "Yo" was our "hey", our "fucking what?", and our "ohhhh, reaallly?" along with whatever words that were in Carlin's 7 words, or wherever else we could fit it in.

So. Yo, dogs are awesome! (I've since abandoned that for more verbose bullshit, obviously)

6. Dark blonde Ashley Dawn

Mar 4, 2017
    Female
    Illinois
    I was a Florida kid myself. So I get it.

Airbornemama likes this.
  7. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
    Those three breeds will be an instant cancellation of your house insurance, totally sucks but that's the way it is. 2013 more than 2 billion dollars was paid out in dog bite claims in the U.S. I tend to agree that there r no bad dogs, just bad owners.

Airbornemama and Ivanchuk like this.
  8. JustJustine

JustJustine Deathling

Apr 20, 2017
    Female
    United Kingdom
    Problem with Pitbull and most other bull breeds is that idiots train them for dog fights.

Airbornemama and Ivanchuk like this.
  9. raijin_

raijin_ Deathling

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    Mad Scientist
    Wherever I Woke Up Today
    Poor puppies. They know no better.

Airbornemama likes this.
  10. Lunatic Puppy

Lunatic Puppy Retired Unicorn VIP

May 2, 2017
    Female
    Pizza Authority
    Germany
    I love dogs and only know nice pittys. But to blame the owner for everything is to easy (But most of the time it is the owners fault, just not always). Dogs are only humans ;) They can freak out too.

Airbornemama and Bob Dobbs like this.
  11. Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs Drawing Blood

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    U.S.
    I agree with that as well. I try to stay away from generalities that always blame the owner. Some dogs can come out broken.

To explain some of the history of the breed for those not in the know- back in the days when dog fighting was much less frowned upon, culling of human-aggressive dogs was the norm. Imagine if you've got two powerful beasts trying to kill each other and you need to get in the ring to separate them. If you can't safely bring your dog in line, that animal is a liability. Those old dog-men made a point of removing those animals from the breeding line.

It seems barbaric, but from a practical standpoint it was necessary. And for the longest time it kept that trait largely out of the behavior of the breed. But then things change, culture at-large decides that dog fighting is a shitty thing to do (which I agree with). Dog fighting goes underground and the only people left doing it are mostly unscrupulous types. They just want dogs that win.

And slowly dogs that aren't fit for the ring are sold to the unsuspecting public who breed dogs willy-nilly and shitty dogs without proper training keep happening... And attacking.

I hate dog fighting, but I have to also appreciate that the things I love about the breed came from that hellish bloodsport.

It must also be said that dogs that refused to fight were also culled. So I also have to give credit to the people who bred them with no intention of fighting.

It's a very yin and yang thing.

Lunatic Puppy likes this.
  12. Charon

Charon Death Addict

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    ΙΤ
    Greece
    That's damn right!

Airbornemama likes this.
  13. KuSh

KuSh Deathling

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Florida
    I agree. Dalmatians are more vicious than pits. I owned 3 in my life and none of them showed signs of attacking anything.

Airbornemama likes this.
  14. Smittenkitten

Smittenkitten Drawing Blood

Nov 10, 2016
    Nail polish connoisseur
    BRONX
    I know I always seem to be the one going against the grain, but that little blond,,,,,,,,,,,Ilooks more like she was fed to the wolves, more than she was attacked by a dog.

15. JAMMER JAMANAL

JAMMER JAMANAL Drawing Blood

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Mechanics
    England
    Just like kids
    It all depends on the parents and society on how they turn out.
    Down boy down!![​IMG]

Airbornemama likes this.
  16. Roadie985

Roadie985 Drawing Blood

Oct 27, 2017
    Male
    Laboratory manager
    UK
    I've got a big girl, 41kg/ 90lbs now but the cutest puppies. 20150103_141923.jpg

Airbornemama likes this.
  17. rilles

rilles Deathling VIP

Jan 1, 2018
    Female
    Probly don’t wanna know
    Saint John, NB, Canada
    I too am the proud owner of a pit bull. He won’t go outside if it’s too cold. He sleeps in bed under the covers with me. He is afraid of shadows. And I 100% trust him with my life.

18. rilles

rilles Deathling VIP

Jan 1, 2018
    Female
    Probly don’t wanna know
    Saint John, NB, Canada
  19. Dark blonde Ashley Dawn

Mar 4, 2017
    Female
    Illinois
    My pibble with his little brother

Attached Files:

rilles likes this.
  20. SintoSoCal

SintoSoCal Super Moderator Staff Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Male
    SMH
    SoCal
    Devlin my Brazilian blue. I purchased him from Wanderlei Silva the ex UFC fighter. B71927EE-C6BD-4F9B-9551-39CE84BBFF2D.jpeg