Chris Cornell, Soundgarden and Audioslave Frontman, Dies at 52

Discussion in 'Sports, Music, Movies, Celebs, Entertainment, etc' started by Outlaw, May 18, 2017.

1. BlackRosePrincess3

BlackRosePrincess3 Death Head

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
    This comment was on Joe Perry's FB page with the picture of Joe and Chris together

upload_2017-5-18_20-41-23.png

2. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States

Please NOT LET EDDIE DIE!

3. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama Staff Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    Robin Williams had been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease right before he hung himself. He didn't want to go through what Michael J. Fox and Mahammed Ali deal with on the daily. :(

BlackRosePrincess3 likes this.
  4. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Yup and I would hate to find out that Chris was battling something no one knew about. Fucking crushing

Airbornemama likes this.
  5. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Hell man... this is horrible. He seems really Out of it :( Recorded at the last performance that night.

Vael likes this.
  6. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Vael and Maggot like this.
  7. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
  8. wino

wino Forum Rider

Nov 18, 2016
    Male
    stores/steel
    Aust
    Gutted especially the way he died :(

9. Maggot

Maggot DA's Compilation King VIP

Sep 27, 2016
    Male
    ...going back to Romford...
  10. OP
    OP
    Outlaw

Outlaw DA's Killer Cowboy Casanova Staff Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    My hypothesis is that being a celebrity ..in the public eye makes dealing with depression harder in a way. Think about it. They have to put on a mask of fake energy and happiness to maintain their following.
    I feel pretty confident that 99% of us have dealt with or are dealing with depression. Think of that dark hole of hell we go through at times....that's bad enough. Now, imagine having to hide that to function at the level the industry and society wants...and still somehow try to cope with the demons.

11. Galgbacken

Galgbacken Ice Box

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    Rep for a major auto distributor
    Pittsburgh
    Layne Staley was a god to me growing up. Alice in chains rocked and so did his side project Mad Season! Let's not forget to mention the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

BlackRosePrincess3 likes this.
  12. Galgbacken

Galgbacken Ice Box

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    Pittsburgh
    I couldn't even imagine. I watched his last show on YouTube today and I was thinking exactly that. He had to be in such a dark place yet he put on a front for everyone at that show. You could tell he was very thin looking and possibly under the influence of something. Yet there he was putting on a show for 5,000 people. This is just my opinion but damn man this is just bad news

Vael and BlackRosePrincess3 like this.
  13. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Someone shared this video with me from You Tube. It's the full performance. Clearly Chris was out of it even from the beginning. His bandmates that tour with him should have taken notice of this and gotten help for him. His fans would have understood. I have countless times heard of celebs taking breaks for their health. His vocals are off, he seems really out of it.

Yes he wants to give the fans what they came for but damn I rather see a Healthy Chris then see a performance like this below. I was reading countless posts and comments from people. Someone mentioned that it was one of those exercise bands that was around his neck and he pulled a "Auto-erotic asphyxia" just like INXS's lead singer, Michael Hutchence.

As broken as I am over this, I still have my morbid side to me and awaiting the autopsy report and toxicology results.

Wonder if it was Autoerotic Asphyxiation....

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  14. BlackRosePrincess3

Apr 26, 2017
    Female
    United States

Chris Cornell’s Family Disputes Preliminary Ruling Of Suicide In Rocker’s Death

Galgbacken and Vael like this.
  15. Galgbacken

Galgbacken Ice Box

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    Pittsburgh
    @BlackRosePrincess3 did you know Chris or anyone in the band or are you just a huge fan? I've noticed you have posted a ton on this thread and I am very curious if you did? I grew up rocking out to Soundgarden. My very first girlfriend turned me on to them and I never stopped. This is one of the most influential bands of the grunge era and Chris was one of the last singers left. I am extremely upset and I did not know him. All your posts have led me to believe you may have known him/them. Thanks for all the posts. Rip Chris Cornell

16. MastaBiatch13

MastaBiatch13 Death Head

Apr 26, 2017
    USA
    I heard he committed suicide.

Squid Jones likes this.
  17. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Moderador Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    You heard right.

Galgbacken likes this.
  18. ralar

ralar New Member

May 1, 2017
    Female
    Usa
    first Scoot Weiland and now Chris Cornell :/

19. Stabby

Stabby Sunshine Twat

Apr 21, 2017
    Port Cockerton
    The debates I've been reading on social media over the cause of death are quite interesting to say the least. So many people are quick to blame the meds he was on without taking time to really consider the underlying facts as well.