Death Addict Has Grown by EPIC Proportions – Now I Need Your Help to Grow With it!

Discussion in 'How Can You Contribute?' started by Zeus, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Okay, folks, here's the deal:

Death Addict has gone from just about nothing into a close fight for third place in "The Big 5" shock/gore sites.

We passed one well-established gore site that's been in existence for over six years...and did that only six months into our existence. Now we're poised to pass yet another site that's coming up on ten years of existence, and do so within just weeks. (We've already passed them in the USA.)

So why am I telling you all this? Simple: I need your help.

No doubt you've noticed a couple of things lately:
    - 503 Service Unavailable error messages by the shit ton. I can't even get on my own site when it does this. It's happening due to a few threads being very popular around the web. We reached nearly 1,300 people watching one video right before the new year, then blew that out of the water when another video brought nearly 2,800 people on-site...all trying to watch the same video. What this did/is doing is strain the server and the bandwidth, causing it to crash. While DA has unlimited bandwidth allotted to it, it can't be all at once. For this reason, we desperately need to host the videos on a streaming server with higher bandwidth capabilities. That's one cost. But in order to do that...

- We need more modern/secure software for the forum. Xenforo is perfect for this. The current software, vBulletin, just isn't as well set up for our growing needs anymore. We need forum software that better facilitates a separate server and a CDN (Content Delivery Network) in order to serve up videos (and not crash the site). But there's costs associated with this.

In order to make the site run smoothly like it has (without the crashing when we get hella traffic) and have similar features, we (I) need to spend between $300-$500 USD. I'll need a separate video host (as of now, videos and the forum are on the same server) as well, and this will cost between $30-$60 to start, then that much ever month. As the site grows, so will that need and cost. I'm already paying over $100 a month to run this site and you've seen the crashes.

Once we've done this, not only will the site run far smoother when we get a shit ton of visitors, but it's far more mobile-friendly! The forum would adapt to the size of the screen it's being viewed on.

----

Long story short(er), I need to raise $300-$500 like now! Our site's SSL is up for renewal soon too. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is to better protect your information. NONE of our competitors are doing this for you!

Without these changes, the site will continue running like it has been, but will go down whenever we get another "holy shit" video. We, like you, don't like these outages and need our fix!

----

Please either PM me or click on Contact Us at the bottom right of every page and ask me how you can help. The more you donate, the faster we can keep this upward ride going smooth.

You'll also get a nifty little icon under your name showing you're a donator.
    :banana:

2. Woden

Woden Super Moderator Staff Member Donator

Nov 18, 2016
    Rock n roll...lets go! Ka Ching...I donated and this neat little pot o money popped up on my avatar! If you love DA as much as I do show Zeus support and donate to help keep this "addict" well doped with the finest specimens to be found. Nothing on here is free. It is all via donations. Zeus needs our help!!!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Killer Penis likes this.
  3. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    @Outlaw just donated $100 USD.

Thanks so much, bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.