Elderly Indian Man Decapitated

Discussion in 'Murder' started by Ivanchuk, Jul 15, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Ivanchuk

Ivanchuk Death Addict VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Professionally Unemployed
    The Moon

In the city of Fatehgarh Sahib, in Punjab, India, an older man was decapitated with a bladed weapon by a member of Nihang Singh, who are an armed wing of Sikh extremism. The victim, identified as Baba Piara Singh, was the chief servant of the Gurudwara Bibangarh Sahib (Gurudwara is essentially a temple used by Sikhs for worship). According to the police, Baba Piara Singh was stabbed multiple times with a knife by Charanjit Singh, resident of Lohari Kalan village, who then beheaded him with a single blow of a sword.

Attached Files:

• File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
  2. Squid Jones

Squid Jones El Moderador Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Sikh extremists? Reeeeally? Huh. I never knew there was such a thing. I always thought that Sikhs were one of the most passive and non-violent religious people. I'm gonna have to look into this Nihang Singh. Good post!

3. OP
    OP
    Ivanchuk

Ivanchuk Death Addict VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Professionally Unemployed
    The Moon
    Thanks man.

Squid Jones likes this.
  4. Lunatic Puppy

Lunatic Puppy Retired Unicorn VIP

May 2, 2017
    Female
    Pizza Authority
    Germany
    Didn't know that either. But I think extremism is to be found everywhere :(

Honest One, Maggot and Squid Jones like this.
  5. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Pretty much everywhere. But I've never heard of an extremist Jainist, for example. I don't know how there could be such a thing. The teachings of that religion wouldn't allow for it. If you are a Jainist and you commit acts of violence then you are in direct conflict with the religion so I don't see how there could be such a thing as an extremist Jainist. Other religions have teachings that allow for extremism. Islam, for example, has plenty of scripture that allows for what we call "extremism." I don't know much about the religion of Sikhism but I think I'll have to do some research now.

Honest One and Lunatic Puppy like this.
  6. TxSandman

TxSandman Just Smells Dead VIP

Mar 6, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    People always losing their damn heads over religion

7. stalwart1

stalwart1 Death Head

Mar 27, 2017
    Male
    Styx
    Even Buddhism has extremists, but I don't think it expressly disavows violence. It's hard to find a BIG religion that completely prohibits violence or it wouldn't have lasted long historically, eh?

EvansvilleJill and Squid Jones like this.
  8. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Right. Yeah, I know there are/have been Buddhists who have done some violent shit, most recently against Muslims. But what I mean is that if you can't find violent teachings in a religion then you really can't blame violence committed by that religion's adherents on the religion itself. Like with my example of Jainism, you cannot find any teaching within Jainism that condones or commands violence in any way. So then if a person who claimed to be a Jainist went and did some violent shit, I don't think it would be appropriate to call him a Jain extremist because theres nothing "extreme" about Jainism. He's just a violent person using Jainism as a scapegoat. I guess I wouldn't mind terribly if he were called a Jain extremist but I think that, technically, that would be incorrect because you can't say you've been inspired by Jainism to do violence without spinning and twisting the teachings of Jainism so horribly that what you're calling Jainism doesn't even resemble what Jainism is.

People of other religions often try to do this. They often try to say "Well, that's not real Christianity or that's not real Islam." But the problem is we can find violent and/or oppressive teachings within the scriptures of both those religions.

deluge71 likes this.
  9. stalwart1

stalwart1 Death Head

Mar 27, 2017
    Male
    Styx
    ^
    The no-true Scotsman thing pervades those discussions, and it's kind of annoying. You hear ISIS aren't real Muslims, but I usually hear that from non-Muslims. Of course, ISIS thinks that Muslims who embrace American culture and religious plurality aren't real Muslims, either. The fact is that they're BOTH real Muslims. I definitely see what you're saying with Jainism, though. I didn't know much about the religion but I found this guy talking about it:

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any...igious-texts-make-an-exception-for-such-cases

It definitely seems like violence is justified in some sensible ways. That guy says, for example, "if you are serving in the armed forces to defend your country, you are defending more lifes than you are killing . So it is a justifiable act."

So once you open the door to permitting ANY kind of violence, even if it's utilitarian/self-defense, you open the door to ALL kinds of violence. Because people will always justify it through that lens (e.g., even an offensive attack can be said to be "anticipatory self-defense").

Squid Jones and JAMMER JAMANAL like this.
  10. JAMMER JAMANAL

JAMMER JAMANAL Death Head

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Mechanics
    England
    The Sikhs were part of the British army in the war and much feared.

What you seek and when you find you will not sing about it, period.

Honest One, Maggot and Squid Jones like this.
  11. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Well, I guess in that scenario it appears that violence is condoned. So I was wrong about that. But I'm still gonna stick with the claim that you really can't be a Jainist extremist. I mean, even within the context of war, the main objective of Jainism is to keep the loss of all life to an absolute minimum. The religion just doesn't have any teachings that could rightfully be called extreme.

And yes, the "no true Scotsman" fallacy is annoying as shit.

JAMMER JAMANAL likes this.
  12. JAMMER JAMANAL

JAMMER JAMANAL Death Head

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Mechanics
    England
    If Jain is good looking I'm down with it

Squid Jones likes this.
  13. Maggot

Maggot DA's Compilation King VIP

Sep 27, 2016
    Male
    ...going back to Romford...
    I used to work at this construction site with this Sikh guy, an absolute giant of a man who loved a bit of violence. While I wouldn't call him an extremist, he did have a deep hatred of all things Islamic, but that could be the Indian v Pakistan thing.

He used to teach me a few phrases in his native language and tell me to try out my new skills on various people around the site.

A few of us went for a beer when the contract had finished, and the giant sikh, Padu, told me that he had been teaching me real really offensive things to say to the muslim guys we worked with, hoping a fight would kick off so he could beat the shit out of them.

Apparently I'd been saying things like, "your whore of a mother sucks off pigs", "fuck you and fuck Allah", "let's fight bastard" etc. The reactions I got were usually just polite smiles or nervous laughing, which I put down to them not understanding a word I was saying, but was probably because I was friends with The Sikh Hulk.

He swears he would never have let me take more than one punch but jeez!

Honest One and Squid Jones like this.
  14. sultan.

sultan. Deathling

Apr 5, 2017
    Europe.
    Yeah, Sikh extremism is a thing. Khalistani militancy was especially dangerous in Canada just a while back - bombing Air India flights and assassinations, etc..

EvansvilleJill and Squid Jones like this.
  15. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Yeah, that was kind of a dick move on Padu's part.

Maggot likes this.
  16. bugman78629

bugman78629 Death Head

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    MARINE GRUNT......
    DALLAS, TEXAS
  17. ladylaw67

ladylaw67 Death Head

Jan 29, 2017
    Female
    nothing now
    Logan,West Virginia
  18. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
  19. EvansvilleJill

EvansvilleJill Death Head

Jun 29, 2017
    Evansville Indiana
    Same here. I thought the worse thing anyone every saw a Sikh do was chase a thief or two and give them a smack with a cane. Surprised

Heavensdevling and Squid Jones like this.
  20. Heavensdevling

Heavensdevling Death Head

Jul 16, 2017
    Female
    Uk
    First thought: where is his head?
    Second: He looks surprisingly peaceful!

Squid Jones likes this.