1. Anubisokc

Anubisokc I'm from the government and I am here to help VIP

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
    Did anyone catch Eminem's Freestyle last night on the BET Awards? I have never been more proud to call myself a fan!

LoriDawn, Yumi, Kink and 1 other person like this.
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw DA's Killer Cowboy Casanova Staff Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Male
    I love Eminem. I don't agree with this particular message but the man is a rap and lyric master

3. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Overseer Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Same.

Anubisokc likes this.
  4. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    I don't think Trump is particularly racist. I think he's classist. And it happens to be the case that Black and Brown people are disproportionately "lower class."

Anubisokc likes this.
  5. EvansvilleJill

EvansvilleJill Death Head

Jun 29, 2017
    Female
    Evansville Indiana
    I am not a fan of rap music, but I do enjoy poetry. I have never really had an opinion about Eminem before, but I must say I agree with him on what he covered in this video.

Anubisokc likes this.
  6. elemental

elemental -- --- -.. . .-. .- - --- .-. Staff Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    Retired
    U.S
    I use to like him, but since he got political I no longer have a use for him.

Outlaw and Anubisokc like this.
  7. St. Tavern

St. Tavern Drawing Blood

Thursday
    Male
    Anthropology
    United States
    I enjoy Eminem's music. I'm afraid however he was a bit careless with the "or gun reform for Nevada" around the 2:10 mark. That statement coming from someone who has made his almost 200 million dollars net worth from a culture that glorifies gun violence (himself included) is a bad look. It's very odd to talk about gun reformation when you yourself have been arrested and put on probation for gun charges.

8. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
    I am a huge Eminem Fan and Tupac. I used to love the looks I would get from people when I would roll up in my police car and you could hear them playing on my stereo! I love all rap music that has a message but here lately not so much. There is so much "I got 20 bitches on my dick, while I am sleeping on a bed of hundred dollar bills, located in my giant boat that I got to on my Jetplane" I can take. I mean sometimes its fun to listen to on your way to the club or if you're gonna have a night of just raunchy sex but I prefer songs that say something! I like Eminem not only cause some of his songs have a message but also because some of his songs are like watching a horror movie or a good way to vent frustrations. And then that flow! I mean I have always loved Pac but the fact is he doesn't hold a candle to Em's structure and flow. That dude can rhyme ANYTHING! For the guys that don't necessarily appreciate the message, you and I may not see eye to eye politically but I have mad respect that you can see past that and give a guy props for just raw talent! I wish there were more people in this world like that. My hats off to you guys!

9. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
    I will say I am a bit surprised by your response. I think it's hysterical that the white guy is saying another white guy is a racist while the brown guy disagrees! That has to be a first!

Squid Jones likes this.
  10. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Yeah. I disagree with a few things he said here. Still love him as a rapper though.

LoriDawn and St. Tavern like this.
  11. Yumi

Yumi Death Addict

Jul 19, 2017
    Female
    Let's make the thread a bit more light-hearted! Here's a cover of a great Eminem rap :D

12. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
  13. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere

I have to say that I am more disturbed by this video than by the guy who sews his dick shut......lol

LoriDawn and Yumi like this.
  14. Yumi

Yumi Death Addict

Jul 19, 2017
    Female
    Welcome to yiay XD

15. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
    I love your sense of humor Yumi! lol

Yumi likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere

Fair and good point, However, an imperfect messenger does not lessen the worth of a good message.

EvansvilleJill likes this.
  17. Squid Jones

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    Pac is, always has been, and probably always will be my favorite rapper but I'll be the first to admit that he's not a lyrical juggernaut flow-wise. He's pretty mediocre actually, as far as flow is concerned. The reason why he's my favorite is because of what he had to say not the way he said it. I liked the passion, the fire in his words, the emotion in his voice, and his honesty. Eminem possesses those qualities as well but he's a beast lurically to boot.

Anyway, though Pac is still my fave and I still enjoy rap music thoroughly, I find myself disagreeing with a lot of things said in the music now. I'm not 15 years old anymore. My worldview is vastly different than it was back in those days.

LoriDawn, Anubisokc and St. Tavern like this.
  18. St. Tavern

St. Tavern Drawing Blood

Thursday
    Male
    Anthropology
    United States
    I agree to extent, however, context matters because nothing exist in a vacuum.

19. OP
    OP
    Anubisokc

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere

I agree! I have most everything Pac did alive and after death! He did have a lot to say and he said it well! :grouphug:

LoriDawn and Squid Jones like this.
  20. LoriDawn

LoriDawn Death Head

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    Indiana
    :banana:I'm sooo excited I get to continue being a big fan of Eminem....however my husband has sadly been left on the wrong side of the line in the sand :( Buck,you will be missed

Anubisokc and Zeus like this.