Fake mexican "corpse artist" video - searching for origin (again)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by FilmFreakz, Jul 13, 2018.

1. FilmFreakz

FilmFreakz New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    Germany
    Hey, dear Death Addicts ! Let me introduce myself: I'm Dirk, 47 years, from germany.
    I only registered at this forum, because i have the feeling, that here are many people not only interested in "all things gory" but also in "finer" things, like art and so on... (there are many cool threads about artists...).
    Some years ago, i stumbled upon a video.. Take a look:

(This is not the whole video i saw - at the end, one can hear police sirens and the "artists" have to flee...)

I did some research and found out, that this video is an art piece created by a french (or canadian) VFX/Multimedia artist. I searched for infos on him and found his website. He seemed to have some twisted and macabre humor. Most of his other art pieces had very diverse topics.. One of the videos showed him as a professor in a college demonstrating some experiments with mice... there were many funny VFX in this clip.
    The main page of his website consisted of a disected frog... the several pieces of its body were the links to other sections on the site...

Unfortunately, i never wrote down the name of the artist... or made his site a bookmark :(
    But i would love to revisit his work...

Does anyone have a clue what i'm talking about ? ;)
    Thanks in advance!

D.

2. Akasha35

Akasha35 Guest

I saw this many many years ago. I believe he either broke into a morgue and was using the opened autopsied bodies to create that impression on the canvas or he somehow got ahold of a fresh dead body and did it himself!!! I always remembered it because I couldn’t tell if it was fake or real ( although it looks very REAL to me) and I also was really impressed at what a unique concept to use the persons own blood as paint and to leave an imprint of their dead body..
    Unfortunately I do not remember any other specific info about him :(
    But I LOVE The post!!! your bringing back very early gore memories!!! Thank you

11C1P likes this.
  3. Ptolemy

Ptolemy Death Addict

May 17, 2018
    Unknown
    Welcome. This is really interesting art. Thanks.