[Child Death] Father Cradles Dead Son in Aftermath of Crash That Killed Four School Kids - Ghana

Discussion in 'Accidents' started by luciuspragg, Dec 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. luciuspragg

luciuspragg Deathling

Nov 28, 2017
    Male
    Sevenstate
    Takoradi, Ghana - Four school kids and one other women were killed almost instantly by a speeding truck that didn't heed the traffic warden's signals.

So it's kind of hard to tell exactly what happened, but from what I can gather from few news articles on this I have a pretty decent idea. A traffic warden had stopped traffic on both sides of the highway to allow the children to cross the road. On the opposite side of the road a car had stopped, however a speeding truck with the inscription Forever Young slammed into the back of it. I'm assuming the truck driver lost control at this point as the truck then proceeded to climb up and over the median, hitting the crossing children. I'm not exactly sure where the woman who died was in all of this, if she was in the car, or perhaps crossing with the children

In the video you get to see the aftermath of the accident, the saddest thing in my opinion being a father cradling his dead son who has had his head split open entirely. In addition to that we get some shots of the back of the truck which has the fitting inscription Forever Young.

Dream Catcher and Ravenna like this.
  2. Ravenna

Ravenna Drawing Blood

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Professor of Forensic Psychiatry
    Belgium
    This is very sad :(

3. OP
    OP
    luciuspragg

luciuspragg Deathling

Nov 28, 2017
    Male
    Sevenstate
    It's never the gore that gets me with these things, it's always the loved ones reacting to it. It's easy to sit back and think about how they are acting irrationally with regards to the corpse but I could easily have seen my parents doing that to me (almost did a few times) or myself doing it if it was my child. Your own kid who you've laughed with, raised, and seen grow up is now nothing more than a lifeless hunk of meat. I can't blame them for either not accepting or being unable to accept that in the moment.