Heart-Wrenching 911 Call From Kevin Cosgrove on 9/11 From the South Tower

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Zeus, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I know this is the audio section, but I included a video with captions to aid in understanding what's being said.

Audio-only is below the video.
    -----
    Kevin Cosgrove was calling from the south tower of the World Trade Center on that fateful day.

During that call, the tower started collapsing, cutting the call off during his screams.

For the impatient among you, fast forward to about 4:20.

Attached Files:

• File size:
      39.6 MB
      Views:
    • File size:
      10.3 MB
      Views:
    • kevin-cosgrove.jpg
      kevin-cosgrove.jpg
      File size:
      14.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Nihilist

Nihilist Deathling

Feb 20, 2016
    This is one of my favorite recordings. It is so absolutely human and completely grim. The lady on the line does a wonderful job trying to keep him on the line, but there's only so much you can do. Those final moments are absolutely chilling every single time I listen to it. You can hear the desperate helplessness followed by complete radio silence as the tower falls, where you know all hope is lost for the man on the line as well as anyone around him. Devastating...and incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Squid Jones likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I couldn't agree more. Broke my heart when I heard it. Still re-infuriates me every time I hear it again, at what those fucks carried out against all those innocent people.

Squid Jones and Honest One like this.
  4. dani81

dani81 Drawing Blood

Jul 5, 2016
    :sadz: I feel the same way about this 9-11 call... I've gotten shook up everytime I've heard it... I know the operator was trying the best she could as was the fire dispatch too... Such a shame what happened to all those innocent people.. As bad as the situation was, he was really hoping to be saved... as most were... May they all Rest In Peace..

5. Ravenna

Ravenna Death Head

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Professor of Forensic Psychiatry
    Belgium
    I feel so bad when I hear this call... I feel bad for the humanity , terrible things happen on this planet....

Zeus likes this.
  6. i cast an ancient Amerindian spell that will cause a slowly, painful, disgusting, horrible death to all of the perpetrator of this attack and if they are already dead i hope they did suffer !

Ravenna likes this.
  7. JustJustine

JustJustine Death Head

Apr 20, 2017
    Female
    United Kingdom
    "We're not ready to die" :'(

Squid Jones and Zeus like this.
  8. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
    Omg that poor guy, all those poor people. I only knew one person who was killed that day.

Squid Jones likes this.
  9. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Overseer Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    It's weird, as I listened to this I found myself hoping they would be rescued even though I already knew they weren't going to be. What a day that was. I'll never forget that shit. Fortunately for me, I don't know anyone who died in this incident. My condolences to everyone who does.

EvansvilleJill likes this.
  10. Bizzness

Bizzness Death Head

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Distribution Splicer
    New York
    There that night and for 3 months afterwards, Heartbreaking seeing the bodies & pieces being removed from the site.

11. Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher Life is but a dream. VIP

Oct 25, 2016
    Female
    Rocky Mountain High
    I knew what was coming but still was devastated when the building came down with the screaming. Pass the puffs, please.
    BTW @Zeus great timing on the video. :)

Zeus likes this.
  12. Shysmom70

Shysmom70 Death Head

Aug 26, 2017
    Female
    Oregon
    I've listened to this many times. It's so very sad