Helicopter Crash Kills 4 First Responders - No Gore

Discussion in 'Accidents' started by Zeus, Mar 16, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. Zeus

Zeus Co-Founder/Former Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Happened in Mexico on March 12, 2017.

The rescue helicopter was looking for a hiker, identified as Karen Violeta Ruiz Sánchez, who'd gotten separated and lost.

One rescuer spotted her and was lowered down because the area was inaccessible for a rescue crew. She had a pulse.

Sadly, she ended up dying. The four first responders were heading to recover her body when the tail rotor hit power lines and ripped it from the helicopter, sealing its fate.

It spun to the ground and killed all four on board.

Journalists and other rescue workers rushed to them immediately, but there was no saving them.

Three of the victims' bodies were so badly burned that they had to be identified by DNA to discern who was who.

Karen Violeta Ruiz Sanchez1.jpg Karen Violeta Ruiz Sanchez2.jpg

Attached Files:

• File size:
      6.2 MB
      Views:
    Warhead, KKS, DeathHand and 6 others like this.
  2. Maggot

Maggot DA's Compilation King VIP

Sep 27, 2016
    Male
    ...going back to Romford...
    Scary, but honourable way to go I suppose. Putting their own lives at risk helping others.

3. elemental

elemental -- --- -.. . .-. .- - --- .-. Staff Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    Retired
    U.S
    I agree.

Nothing to Lose likes this.
  4. TxSandman

TxSandman Just Smells Dead

Mar 6, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    Hmmm that tail rotor looked screwed before it hit the power line. It might just be optical illusion but it sure looked to be moving slow and choppy and the wire sealed it's fate

KKS, DeathHand and Nothing to Lose like this.
  5. dode

dode Drawing Blood

Jan 15, 2017
    Female
    Scotland
    that's a lot of bad luck..

6. Natehog

Natehog New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Male
    oregon
    That's because it is moving too fast for the camera to capture with its current frame rate. kinda like how car wheels can appear to be rotating backwards.

Zeus likes this.
  7. Natehog

Natehog New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Male
    oregon
    Alas, helicopters are rather inelegant machines that don't want to fly. they stay up by beating air into submission, and come down just as violent.

8. Knock.em.dead

Knock.em.dead Drawing Blood

Jan 27, 2017
    Female
    Corporate sleeze
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]
    She looks like my peice of shit half sister

Ravenna likes this.
  9. Ravenna

Ravenna Drawing Blood

Feb 21, 2017
    Female
    Professor of Forensic Psychiatry
    Belgium
  10. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    I saw four big watermarks and some dark thing behind them....
    Slow the video down and look at it. The tail rotor appears to come off before the other shit happens.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    DeathHand likes this.
  11. DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm not even sure that the rear rotor even hit those hydro wires - as you mentioned, it was turning very slowly and I think it spun off before the chopper even got close to the wires (impossible to judge how close or how far away the chopper was from those wires - it could have been a dozen or move feet above or alongside them).

If the chopper had infact hit those hyrdo wires there would have been sparks flying.

Another member had mentioned the apparent speed of the rear rotor and the frame rate of the video: the frame rate shows the main blades moving at a decent speed but the rear rotor is clearly not moving anywhere near as fast it the main blades and this is visible before the chopper even comes near to the wires.

I think that when the chopper did perhaps connect with the wires was after the rear rotor spun off and the chopper began to descend, it's main blades probably clipped one of the wires (this is when the blades break off into pieces and the body of the chopper falls to the ground).

Sad way to go, but only seconds (if that) to realize something is wrong before BAM.

Cool post :)

EDIT: I viewed a higher quality vid and the tail rotor is barley moving right from the start.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Cereal_Killer likes this.
  12. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer The Kellogg's Stalker!

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    I'm with all the others in saying it doesn't seem like the rotor of the Helicopter came off from an impact with a power line, it looks like it just flew off in the middle of the flight.

Gonna say they skipped their safety inspection of that one on the day or perhaps even earlier.

13. KKS

KKS Drawing Blood

Jun 1, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Dying trying to save a life.. Heartbreaking .. Knowing it's getting ready to happen.. Unimaginable..

14. UKfullofstooges

UKfullofstooges Death Head

Aug 22, 2017
    Female
    UK
    I had no idea that a helicopter would be such a fireball. I suppose it had only just taken off in order to make the rescue had a full tank of petrol.