How much will kill you?!

Discussion in 'Medical' started by EvansvilleJill, Oct 18, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. ThisIsSideOne

ThisIsSideOne Drawing Blood

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
  2. Anubisokc

Anubisokc I'm from the government and I am here to help VIP

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Here there everywhere
    I loved that!! Awesome find!

EvansvilleJill likes this.
  3. Roadie985

Roadie985 Drawing Blood

Oct 27, 2017
    Male
    Laboratory manager
    UK
    I like this sort of thing, knowing the LD/50 (lethal dose for 50% of samples) gives you a bit of a guideline to work with.
    Seeing the video reminded me of this: Man nearly dies after eating cherry stones
    If you don't look at the article, cherry seeds metabolize in the body from amygdalin into hydrogen cyanide (HCN)

Bad times, but knowledge is power.

Further reading is you can isolate amygdalin with ether (engine start fluid) after evaporating the ether the precipitate is amygdalin (white powder, very dangerous)

LilyC and EvansvilleJill like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    EvansvilleJill

EvansvilleJill Death Head

Jun 29, 2017
    Female
    Evansville Indiana
    Cherry pits too huh? I know peaches, plums and nectarines have pits that you can extract cyanide from. I bet it's probably all pitted fruits. I found out about the peach pits when the EPA classified a lot in town that had once been the site of a business that used cyanide for some reason and the ground was contaminated. They processed the first few inches of top soil and then planted the whole lot with peach trees. Evidently the trees clean the deep soil better than any artificial process they could come up with.
    There was an episode of Deadly Women on the ID channel that featured a woman that extracted the cyanide from peach pits and killed several family members. She almost got away with it because they could show where she had bought the cyanide. Tricky, tricky woman. If I remember right it was her pies or preserves that gave her away.

LilyC and Roadie985 like this.
  5. Roadie985

Roadie985 Drawing Blood

Oct 27, 2017
    Male
    Laboratory manager
    UK
    this one! i was stunned, why would you eat cherry seeds? If you can't eat it first go, don't do it haha.

6. LilyC

LilyC Drawing Blood VIP

Apr 5, 2017
    Female
    Missouri
    EvansvilleJill likes this.
  7. o9r1sh

o9r1sh Death Head Donator

Sep 1, 2016
    The liquor one seems off. One gallon of vodka weighs around 8 lbs so 2.2 is only a little over a quarter gallon. I've consumed this much in an evening. Obviously not all at once.

EvansvilleJill and LilyC like this.
  8. Stabby

Stabby Sunshine Twat

Apr 21, 2017
    Port Cockerton
    LD50. Banned science