Now Accepting Applications for Super Moderators

Discussion in 'How Can You Contribute?' started by Zeus, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I'm currently looking for two Super Moderators.

In this thread, answer the questions below and add anything you think is relevant and/or may help us aid in our search.

You MUST have a computer or tablet. Phone-only access has proven unreliable and not conducive to Super Moderator duties.

You MUST have or be willing to download and install Telegram Messenger.

Duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
    - Finding and deleting, as well as perma-banning, spammers and the thread(s) they create
    - PMing members that may be, knowingly or unknowingly, breaking rules
    - Contacting me, Terror or Zerophyr with any questions or concerns of what exactly to do in a given situation
    - Moving threads that are in the wrong sections or forums
    - Removing reposts
    - Contributing content (preferred, but not required)
    - Remaining calm and not letting power go to your head - treat members with respect
    - Keep any and all staff activity and conversations PRIVATE

Experience is a plus, but not necessarily required.

Time as a member of the site isn't automatically good or bad, but may help.

Answer the following:

1) How much time do you have to devote to Super Moderator duties?

2) Do you have any experience? If yes, elaborate.

3) Why do you think you'd make a good Super Moderator?

4) Any other relevant info:

2. Miss Suicide

Miss Suicide Death Head

Nov 11, 2016
    Female
    I have to say I'm really tempted to try this, so here goes nothing.

I'm a stay at home mom, so I pretty much have alot of free time. I'm online several times a day, trying to post, lurk and click on whatever can be clicked on. I assume you guys use Telegram Messenger to talk staff business. If things need to be done, like delete something or ban someone, I can pretty much always act on it immediately, if mentioned in Telegram. I have my phone with me at all times, I do most of my things on my laptop, but also have a tablet. Meaning I can even do little things when I'm not at home. The only time I'm not available is at night, since I still have to get to bed early to get my kid ready for school in the morning. Other than that, I don't really have any hobbies or friends to spend my time on, so this would be a great opportunity for me to kill time.

About 4 years ago I co-owned a large horror community with about 3000+ members. I did this for about a year and a half, until the group kinda fell apart, due to drama between staff and some members. We talked horror movies, books, creepypasta, shit like that. But also fun stuff. I also hosted a raffle there where I gave away prizes such as giftcards and 1yr premium membership to websites. We had all kind of cool events going on with Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, where we played games and made stuff for each other.

As co-owner I had alot of responsibilities such as dealing with drama between members, warning people about their behavior, making sure the forums were neat looking, updating things, posting monthly threads we had going on there and finding dead links. So yeah I kinda know how to deal with things like that. Also I'm not afraid to ask other staff for things if I don't know how to do something, and I always keep my eyes open to anything else other (staff) members do. If I see them make a mistake, I'm not afraid to let them know.

I have to let you know tho, I'm awful at posting new things. I really have no idea where I could find new content to post. I frequently visit the darknet, and maybe if I find something interesting I'll post it ofcourse (if it's not already here). But yeah, my weakness is I have very little creativity. I work organized and methodical. I follow orders. So yeah, if you really need me to post new stuff, I guess I'm gonna be needing some help from you guys. :blush2:

3. Woden

Woden Death Addict

Nov 18, 2016
    Male
    Probably a few hours each night between 7 and 12 midnight, give or take. I have a young kid so it is hard. I would probably work in a few nights each week. I cannot do days because I have work responsibilities where it is not acceptable for me to log on.

None, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I am a Bad Mother Fucker who actually cares a lot about keeping this site pristine. I don’t know what I would do if it were compromised. DA needs honorable members to police this difficult landscape that will inevitably draw in bad actors.

I have a big set of balls…and I post a lot.

Snicket likes this.
  4. deaddog

deaddog Death Head

Feb 11, 2016
    this is probably a long shot but i figured i might try and reply.

2-4 hours a day, roughly. more on weekends, less when i get into pokemon or sims 4 binges. really depends.

i modded a minecraft server for about 8 months, does that count, aha? it was mostly just dealing with people and banning stupid 12 year old fucks who set everything on fire. I used to be admin on a forum during my uh.. admittedly gay+embarrassing phase when I was in love with dr spencer reid from criminal minds. (it was a forum based on him). so learned alot about forum modding and that kinda shit. about 2 years on that.

I dont take people's stupid shit but im not too mean about it. Im a fast learner with this kinda stuff. i love it in general, actually.

time zone mst -7 i think..? insomniac, hah.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  5. Outlaw

Outlaw DA's Killer Cowboy Casanova Staff Member

Nov 3, 2015
    1) How much time do you have to devote to Super Moderator duties? Too much time :/ I'm home all day and night and keep strange hours.

2) Do you have any experience? If yes, elaborate. I have experience as group owner and admin on others. Not on an actual website thus far.

3) Why do you think you'd make a good Super Moderator? I love the group and wanna keep it on the up and up.

4) Any other relevant info: I'll understand if the decision to pass me by due to being the brother of the owner, but I hope to also be seen as an individual (won't get butt hurt if I get fired or laid off lol). I totally suck at finding content, but have been a member from day one. The only area I feel I need to step up on is checking every thread instead of the ones I typically just click on because of my own interest in them. I do NOT expect special treatment for my relation to the owner so don't let that be a reason to disqualify me. I'm a bad mamma jamma but I'll keep it in check and maintain ;) P.S.- I know where you live!

6. SicMonster666

SicMonster666 Death Head VIP

Jul 15, 2016
    Well, i wish could help you all out with mod duties.
    But my job right now keeps me at long ass 12 hour days.
    Only have time for sleep.

Maybe in the future, you could keep my name in the fish bowl.

To answer your questions.

When i do have the time, i'm typically on the internetz about 8 to 10 hours a day. Yes, i know....i have no life.

Well as many of you know or don't know, i have my own site. Which i won't name out of respect. And i've been a mod for another site for the last 4 or 5 years (can't really remember how long). I have over 50+ confirmed kills of spammers, morons, tweekers, trolls, pedos, hippies, weirdo's & one very crazy sicko. I've also had 2 legit death threats......still pending. They haven't got me yet. I can also merge, move, lock, remove any topic if need be with the best of them.

I wouldn't be a good mod, cause it's a boring ass job & i really don't give two shits about members :D.
    I have a big head (yes ladies...the rumors are true) and the mod powers just brings out the
    Füh·rer in me[​IMG].
    I hate reposting mutherfuckers who steal my shit that i've stolen from other places & people & then repost it on top of my repost. BAN ALL REPOSTERS!!!
    Ummm, what else gives me a headache?

If you ever need a tranny lovin, perverted, drunk, gore obsessed, experienced, bad ass contributor/comment-er with a Hitler like ban hammer....don't hesitate to give me a call.

I'll just be over here doing my thing......
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.