Officer burned over 50% of his body lives...

Discussion in 'Non Fatal' started by Airbornemama, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama VIP

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    Officer Jason Schechterle was in his patrol car at a stop light on the night of March 26th 2001' 11:01p.m. He was a rookie in the Pheonix Police dept. As he waited for the green light he was suddenly struck from behind by a taxi driver doing between 85-100mph.His car burst into instant flames and Officer Schechterle was trapped inside his burning vehicle for 8 long long minutes. After getting him out of the car he was helicoptered to the nearest burn unit hospital where Dr.s worked for the next 7 hours to get him stable. They did not believe he would make it through the night. We'll he did and he spent the next 3 months in a coma. Jason has had 52 surgeries so far. He's a motivational speaker and does more than 75 conferences a year. He is married with 3 children and considers himself The luckiest man alive.
    23.jpg
    24.jpg
    25.jpg

Picture3.jpg
    90ac8b10fad6ba97ac1887d6d25e65e1.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    144729.jpg
    144731.jpg
    crown-victoria-burned.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    picture4.jpg
    32cf6f8445c6e870a8817b5f78e27a64.jpg
    jason.jpg
    schecterles.jpg
    144738-1.jpg

Zoo, Woden, uguran and 12 others like this.
  2. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Goof VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    I wonder if this is the guy I've seen on the show The First 48? He's a homicide investigator. No offence to him but I can't really tell for sure. =\

3. cd9798

cd9798 Drawing Blood

Oct 1, 2016
    Male
    Man, truly incredible what the human body can go through and survive. All thanks to modern medicine, huh? This guy would've been dead for sure 50 years ago.

4. Wolf

Wolf DA's Resident Punster

Feb 5, 2017
    Male
    United states
    On a positive note, seems he no longer needs his glasses.

5. rottenbodysmellfunny

rottenbodysmellfunny Death Head

Apr 15, 2017
    living day by day
    canada quebec
    i have seen the first 48 episode you are talking and was wondering the same thing, they very look the same.. can't be sure too, but when someone have that kind of burn, they end up with a similar facial appearance..

Airbornemama and Squid Jones like this.
  6. rottenbodysmellfunny

Apr 15, 2017
    living day by day
    canada quebec
    Remarkably, Schechterle returned to police work less than four years after his catastrophic injuries, and in 2005, joined the PPD's homicide unit as a murder detective. One of the cases on which he assisted was featured on the A&E television show The First 48. He also was a player in the New Times story "The Case of the Fatal Femme (March 7, 2006)," about the investigation of a robbery-murder in far west Phoenix.
    Disfigured Former Phoenix Cop Was Incredulous When the State Recently Declared Him Fit for Duty for more info^^

7. Nothing to Lose

Nothing to Lose Death Addict Donator

Feb 21, 2017
    Indepently wealthy philanthrapist
    Personal island in the Carribean.
    Well the lenses did melt onto his eyes...

On a serious note that is my worst fear of how to die, burning alive.

8. Airbornemama

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Yes it is hun! He's done a few episodes of that show, that's a program I really enjoy.;)

9. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Goof VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    One of my fave shows. A lot of the episodes took place in my neck of the woods in Texas. Not sure if they still do. Wait, is that show even on still?

10. rottenbodysmellfunny

Apr 15, 2017
    living day by day
    canada quebec
    @Airbornemama @Squid Jones same here ! i enjoy watching this crime investigation show, by far one of the best^^ they started to make them play in my main language also, so i can enjoy some part i did not fully understand:D

11. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Goof VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house
    What's your first language? French?

Honest One likes this.
  12. Airbornemama

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    I still get it on A&E channel, I haven't watched it in awhile, but I just checked on my cable, I have Xfinity, if you have that then you'll get it on the same channel as me which is 670,A&E and the most recent episode it's showing me was for March 9th 2017'. Hope that helps you hun.;)

Squid Jones likes this.
  13. Nothing to Lose

Nothing to Lose Death Addict Donator

Feb 21, 2017
    Indepently wealthy philanthrapist
    Personal island in the Carribean.
    I speak two languages, english and bad english.

Squid Jones likes this.
  14. Airbornemama

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    @rottenbodysmellfunny that's awesome that you are better able to understand what they are saying and doing. Hell it's hard enough for me in English to keep up and follow what's going on. If I space off or go to the bathroom it seems that is when something important happened and there I go, I'm lost! Lolol;)
    :confused:

rottenbodysmellfunny likes this.
  15. rottenbodysmellfunny

Apr 15, 2017
    living day by day
    canada quebec
    @Airbornemama thank you ! English is kind of a must to learn in Canada.. school did not help me in any matter to learn it, i rather thanks all the hour passed playing video game:D
    by the way i did not expect one second that your main language was not English^^

Airbornemama likes this.
  16. Airbornemama

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Oh no hun I understood what you meant. I was just saying it has to be hard for you to follow along when English isn't your native tongue. But you do awesome, I would've never known if you hadn't of told me. If you ever have a question about a post please don't hesitate to ask me anything anytime OK?;)

17. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE VIP

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
    Nothing short of a miracle that he lived, bet he wishes he didn't.

18. uguran

uguran Death Head

Nov 14, 2016
    Male
    germany