Old Images You May Or May Not Remember

Discussion in 'Photos' started by FallofMan, Aug 4, 2018.

1. FallofMan

FallofMan King of DA Staff Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Owner
    Philadelphia
    *Images with a story are the OP's words. Do any of these images take you back?

Victims Of The Indian Ocean Tsunami (December 26, 2004)

Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004, tsunami that hit the coasts of several countries of South and Southeast Asia in December 2004. The tsunami and its aftermath were responsible for immense destruction and loss on the rim of the Indian Ocean. On December 26, 2004, at 7:59 AM local time, an undersea earthquake with a magnitude of 9.1 struck off the coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Over the next seven hours, a tsunami—a series of immense ocean waves—triggered by the quake reached out across the Indian Ocean, devastating coastal areas as far away as East Africa. Some locations reported that the waves had reached a height of 30 feet (9 meters) or more when they hit the shoreline.

The tsunami killed at least 225,000 people across a dozen countries, with Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Maldives, and Thailand sustaining massive damage. Indonesian officials estimated that the death toll there alone ultimately exceeded 200,000, particularly in northern Sumatra’s Aceh province. Tens of thousands were reported dead or missing in Sri Lanka and India, a large number of them from the Indian Andaman and Nicobar Islands territory. The low-lying island country of Maldives reported more than a hundred casualties and immense economic damage. Several thousand non-Asian tourists vacationing in the region also were reported dead or missing. The lack of food, clean water, and medical treatment—combined with the enormous task faced by relief workers trying to get supplies into some remote areas where roads had been destroyed or where civil war raged—extended the list of casualties. Long-term environmental damage was severe as well, with villages, tourist resorts, farmland, and fishing grounds demolished or inundated with debris, bodies, and plant-killing salt water.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Suicide By 44 Magnum
    Absolutely nasty photo of an old man who committed suicide by a shot to the head through his mouth with a .44 Caliber Magnum Revolver, the Dirty Harry special edition one. The bullet wasn’t having any of them and ripped its way through old man’s skull blasting it open from within.

17.JPG

18.JPG

Woman Has Severe Leg Damage Close To Her Vagina

It was a land mine, IED, grenade or some other explosive device that ripped her leg off completely right at her pelvic area. Oddly enough it left vagina in fairly good condition, only somewhat swollen. Severe leg trauma, however she can count herself lucky for not getting any vital organs destroyed. Must have hurt like a bitch. And even if she gets a prosthetic leg, she doesn’t have that nothing to attach it to.

19.jpg

Boy Was Strangled And Swallowed By A Reticulated Python

Those famous pictures of the boy's corpse found in a dissected stomach of the reticulated python, according to some experts, were apparently staged. There are a few stories of large snakes (like anaconda and reticulated python) killing humans, but not many of them swallowing humans. The main reason, according to snake experts, is that snakes begin swallowing their prey at the head and with humans, the snake is confronted with a major obstacle when it gets to the shoulders. Snakes can ingest remarkably large creatures, but need a more gradual contour to do it. In our opinion it is quite possible for a big snake like a reticulated python to swallow a little child (even a teenager); the upper girdle of the boy could be significantly squeezed by the snake power making the body counter to be more smooth for easy swallowing. And we do think that images could be taken from a real tragedy.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

UK Man Commits Suicide On A Webcam

Kevin Whitrick, 42, took his life after being goaded by dozens of chatroom users from across the world who initially believed he was play acting. But as they watched in horror, Mr Whitrick climbed onto a chair, smashed through a ceiling and then hanged himself with a piece of rope. Stunned by what they had witnessed - broadcast on a popular chatroom website used by millions of people across the globe - chatroom users immediately contacted the police. Officers rushed to the electrician's home in the Wellington area of Shropshire within minutes, smashing down the door to try to save him. Despite their efforts to save him, he was pronounced dead at the scene. An Internet suicide pact (cyber-suicide pact) is a suicide pact made between individuals who meet on the Internet. Although the majority of such Internet-related suicide pacts have occurred in Japan, similar incidents have also been reported from other countries including Hong Kong, South Korea, Germany, Australia, Norway, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, and Sweden.

24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    FallofMan

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Owner
    Philadelphia

The Indonesian Girl Who Committed Suicide In A Shopping Center

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Aborted Baby Found Near Army Tank

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Maggots Help Heal Wounds Faster

Maggot therapy (also known as Maggot Debridement Therapy (MDT), larval therapy, larva therapy, or larvae therapy) is a type of bio therapy involving the intentional introduction by a health care practitioner of live, disinfected maggots (fly larvae) into the non-healing skin and soft tissue wound(s) of a human or animal for the purpose of selectively cleaning out only the necrotic (dead) tissue within a wound in order to promote wound healing. Maggot therapy has been shown to accelerate debridement of necrotic wounds and reduce the bacterial load of the wound, leading to earlier healing, reduced wound odor and less pain. In a 2007 preliminary trial, maggots were used to successfully treat patients with the super bug MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), a bacteria which has developed antibiotic resistance to all penicillin. The current use of maggot therapy is estimated to involve over 3,000 doctors, clinics, and hospitals in over 20 countries. In 2003, approximately 30,000 treatments were administered to an estimated 6,000 to 10,000 patients.

33.jpg

34.jpg

Death By Drowning

They say death by drowning is the worst death of all. At least it’s one of the most common answers among general public when asked which is the worst death they could imagine – majority of people picks death by drowning. I guess it’s the fear of suffocation and the helplessness most of us have experienced in one way or another when learning to swim and someone pulled a joke on you weighted you down in deep water. Everything else goes aside when you’re pulled under water, so I do think death by drowning deserves its prize for being the most feared death of all. According to incomplete story that comes with the photo of a bloated man above, it’s the body of one of two brothers who went swimming and this one got caught in fishing nets and drowned. The story has it his body was not found until seven days later, which is why he’s so bloated and seems to be missing skin on his face (perhaps it was eaten by the fish?). However I can’t imagine a brother abandoning his brother who’d drown while he’s there. Why would it take 7 days to fish him out of the water? Furthermore, if he truly got caught in the fishing nets, that would mean he would not get carried away by running water. Anyway – story simply doesn’t add up, at least not to me, but what do I know. Provided the story is true, though, this man would have gone through exactly the type of death so many people fear. He’d get caught in the fishing net that keeps him stuck under water and he knows he only has seconds before he falls unconscious, he keeps struggling to get himself out, but time is against him. He gets weaker every second and twitching just gets his stuck deeper in the net. He eventually takes a breath of water, his lungs will with liquids causing cerebral hypoxia which then leads to death by drowning. Once abandoned in water, his body bloats like in photo above. Why his face is missing, I don’t know. Your guess is as good as mine there.

35.jpg

Destroyed By A Truck

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Electric Chair Execution

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Attacked By A Great White

*I've been told that often times, sharks will bite potential prey to sample it. This has to been the case here. The injuries just seem to minor for even a sample bite from a Great white, but I'm no expert.

This man was attacked by a great white shark. Fortunately, he survived the attack, but his left foot was severely mutilated.

43.jpg

44.jpg

Machete Attack Leaves A Guy With A Gushing Facial Wound

Good old machete. Such an effective tool for wounding somebody. Large blade is easy to swing and cleaves through flesh like it’s butter. This gushing facial wound is the result of Poso Massacre – the same dispute between Muslims and Christians that’s been going on for decades in Indonesian province of Sulawesi. Looks like the guy has survived the machete attack, but that would is pretty darn deep. That’s gonna leave a nasty scar.

45.jpg

Suicidal Gunshot In The Mouth Leaves Girl With A Deformed Head

This girl looks like she was into Gothic lifestyle, but that’s not quite the case. She committed suicide the Budd Dwyer style – by taking a gunshot in the mouth. In her case, however, the wound resulted in such pressure buildup that her skull fractured and skin lacerated in several places. Lips and eyes discoloration also allegedly occurred as a result of the pressure in her skull caused by the gunshot (or burning of the gun powder?). She sure went in style. If there are haunted houses, I wouldn’t want to live in one where she operates.

46.jpg

Man With Head Blown To Shit

Venezuela

Venezuela recorded more than 19,000 murders in 2009 making it one of the most dangerous countries in the world. The only reason why Venezuela is not THE most dangerous country in the world is because bonus places like Mexico, Brazil or The Philippines still exist. Small gangs are said to be the primary contributors to Venezuela’s ultra high murder rate. Through drug smuggling activities, the gangs are well armed and do not hesitate to use their weapons at the slightest provocation. Violent crime is not isolated to any specific parts of Venezuela and occurs throughout the country, including the main road that connects the capital city of Caracas with the international airport. Countless reports talk about roadblocks set up by gangs to look like police checkpoints, sometimes involving gang members dressed up in police uniforms.

47.jpg

Nailed By A Bat And A Brick

48.JPG

Two Deaths (DEAD FETUS)

49.jpg

50.jpg

3. kayLaLuna

kayLaLuna Drawing Blood

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Wow ! Thanks a lot for the great post !!!

Gorelady73, tworotten4u and FallofMan like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    FallofMan

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Owner
    Philadelphia
    Thanks for viewing.

tworotten4u and kayLaLuna like this.
  5. kayLaLuna

kayLaLuna Drawing Blood

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    I love your posts so it was again a pleasure :D please keep up with your awesome work !!!!

6. Gorelady73

Gorelady73 Death Addict

Aug 8, 2018
    Female
    Ukdeath
    I tell you flies maybe a pain in the arse but they do an amazing job.

Bloody Irish and kayLaLuna like this.
  7. Benevolent Being

Benevolent Being Drawing Blood

Dec 16, 2017
    Female
    Southern Hemisphere
    The photographs of the aborted baby next to the army tank just break my heart.

8. CreampuffMckill

CreampuffMckill Deathling

Aug 18, 2018
    Female
    United States
    Amazing post, thanks!

PaulNewman likes this.
  9. PaulNewman

PaulNewman Death Head

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Great set. Keep 'em coming. I remember most of these.

10. PaulNewman

PaulNewman Death Head

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Here are my contributions.

0406.jpg
    (A toddler who was a victim of a fatal hit-and-run in Texas, circa-late 1990s. Was initially featured on the notorious old Rotten website)

a100.jpg
    (Shotgun suicide in Utah, 2008. The "victim" was a struggling heroin addict who used his drug-of-choice as a coping method in mourning the loss of his wife to cancer. His recovery efforts proved futile, so he decided his only way out was, well--what you see here)

HUMAN.JPG
    (Victim of a hit-and-run crash, 1980s/1990s. No idea on "where" and "who". Was originally featured on Rotten and the Grotesque Gallery site that preceded Rotten by a year or two.)

soc002.jpg
    (Not sure what happened here. But the body seems to be pretty decomposed. Some have speculated that this was an overdose victim, but most other sources said he was murdered by a friend and left to rot in his apartment. Happened sometime during the late 1990s, likely in the United States)

More to come

Bloody Irish and kayLaLuna like this.
  11. Bloody Irish

Bloody Irish Death Addict

Aug 19, 2018
    Male
    Roofer/Floorer
    Massachusetts
    Hey, I remember some of these ones.
    Excellent post!

kayLaLuna and PaulNewman like this.
  12. josh31867

josh31867 Deathling

Mar 8, 2016
    Male
    Minnesota
    Sometimes I think it would be kinda awesome to blow my head off just to spite people but then I wouldn't know how much I did hahah

PaulNewman likes this.