Quarantine Area?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheBlueMax, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TheBlueMax

TheBlueMax Drawing Blood

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    Mechanical Engineer (Guillotines)
    Florida
    I’ve posted serval threads that had to be deleted because the material had already been posted to the site way back. DA is a big forum, so most users can’t really keep track with what’s been published on here long time ago. Even long-time members, like the Squid, often can’t seem to keep track, as they are posting comments which indicate that they haven’t seen the stuff either, despite the fact that it is already present somewhere on the site.

I have a fuck load of material and keep getting more every week, but I don’t want to annoy anybody by posting old stuff. Some stuff is new to me so I assume that it’s not on the site, and I go ahead and post it. The search function doesn’t always help as the original posts lack searchable keywords.

What I am suggesting is this: create a “Quarantine Area” where stuff in doubt can be posted, and once it has been reviewed by a moderator, the mod can push it to the public forum or delete it. Dunno if it’s technically possible, but it certainly would help.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Maggot, Buggz and Squid Jones like this.
  2. Squid Jones

Squid Jones Guest

There's already something like that. When a video is removed, it can either be deleted permanently or it can simply be removed from public view. Reposts are removed from public view and are moved to a super-secret section. That way if it turns out the post was removed in error or if the original post somehow gets corrupted or whatever then the one being stored in the super-secret section can be put up again to take it's place.

Also, don't worry about pissing anybody off. Reposts happen. Just don't take it personally if your post gets removed due to it being a repost. It's not a personal thing.

Maggot, TheBlueMax and Buggz like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    TheBlueMax

TheBlueMax Drawing Blood

Dec 16, 2017
    Male
    Mechanical Engineer (Guillotines)
    Florida
    Ahh, didn't know about the "super secret area", probably bc it's super secret. And no, I'm not taking it personal at all. Thanks, man.

Maggot and Squid Jones like this.
  4. Maggot

Maggot Guest

I know where you're coming from @TheBlueMax the search doesn't always find what you're after, especially if there is no clue in the title or no tags added. And like Squid says, just because you can't see a deleted post, doesn't mean it's been wiped from the site.
    I always personally back up any video that needs removing and also make a copy of vids that I watermark, so if there was a mistake on my part I can always get the original back.

Also, if the newer post is of better quality then I prefer to merge the two threads. I don't think anyone likes deleting something that a member has taken time to post, just can't be avoided sometimes.

TheBlueMax and Squid Jones like this.