Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Ivanchuk, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Ivanchuk

Ivanchuk Death Addict VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Professionally Unemployed
    The Moon

Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells arising in the squamous cells, which compose most of the skin’s upper layers (the epidermis). SCCs often look like scaly red patches, open sores, elevated growths with a central depression, or warts; they may crust or bleed. They can become disfiguring and sometimes deadly if allowed to grow. More than 1 million cases of squamous cell carcinoma are diagnosed each year in the U.S., and (depending on different estimates) as many as 8,800 people die from the disease. Incidence of the disease has increased up to 200 percent in the past three decades in the U.S. SCC is mainly caused by cumulative ultraviolet (UV) exposure over the course of a lifetime; daily year-round exposure to the sun’s UV light, intense exposure in the summer months, and the UV produced by tanning beds all add to the damage that can lead to SCC.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

2. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama VIP

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    Dayum!! That bottom dude is really fucked. I'm sorry but that is just nasty looking! :shock:

Ivanchuk likes this.
  3. Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher Life is but a dream.

Oct 25, 2016
    Female
    Graphic Design
    Rocky Mountain High
    Poor guy. Hopefully they were able to do something for him. Are those maggots I see in the last photo?

4. elemental

elemental Death Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    U.S
    From the way his lips and teeth looked, I'd say tobacco had a lot to do with it.

5. Squid Jones

Squid Jones The Goof VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    A glass house