The Very Public Suicide of Daniel Victor Jones on an LA Freeway - August 30, 1998

Daniel Victor Jones became infamous, but sadly unnamed to many, for committing suicide in the middle of the interchange of the Harbor and Century...
Random Thread
  1. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    Zeus submitted a new Article:

The Very Public Suicide of Daniel Victor Jones on an LA Freeway - August 30, 1998

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2017
  2. cerealkiller420

cerealkiller420 Death Head

Aug 25, 2016
    The fucker let his dog burn to death, but he couldn't take the heat. I fucking love dogs.

3. HoffmanLensPunk

HoffmanLensPunk Malignant Caveman

Aug 19, 2016
    Male
    Professional Stoner, Asshole and Deviant.
    England
    Yeah this guy is a piece of shit and an asshole.

4. pinkdeath

pinkdeath Death Head

Nov 4, 2016
    Sorry son of a bitch let his poor dog burn alive, while he couldn't stand it and ran away from a fiery death, then didn't have the balls to jump, he finally opted for the easiest and fastest way out and shot himself. I hope every second of his pants being on fire was pure agony. What did that dog do to him but I'm sure gave him nothing but love and devotion. It really pisses me off when people hurt animals, and to be torched alive is as bad as it gets. I went to the ER and got sent home with a "stomach virus" diagnosis and my appendix ended up rupturing but I certainly NEVER thought about burning my dog alive.

Amanda707 likes this.
  5. wiskers

wiskers Death Head

Oct 16, 2016
    what did the dog ever do to him?

6. Hopedenial

Hopedenial Death Addict

Dec 3, 2016
    Male
    Houston, Tx
    I'm an animal lover too, but the whole thing is tragic. For profit healthcare is disgusting. I was charged $600 for an arm brace I didn't even need. Nothing was broken I had slashed my wrist. As Zeus speculated he likely intended he and the dog to die instantly.

Airbornemama and Knock.em.dead like this.
  7. HoffmanLensPunk

HoffmanLensPunk Malignant Caveman

Aug 19, 2016
    Male
    Professional Stoner, Asshole and Deviant.
    England
    Thats a fucked up concept to me, if i bust my arm the hospital will sort me out for free, yeah i think we pay a higher percent of tax on our wages to cover it and all that but i am glad the many.....many times i have fucked myself up i don't have to pay anything, universal healthcare is a given surely??!!, another example of a corrupt, corporate, capitalist fucked world, America being the worst example.(thats not having a go either, over here we are no fucking better but at least we don't have to pay for treatment)

8. valkyriekiller

valkyriekiller New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Female
    Los Angeles, CA
    While it's true the healthcare system is often shit, how is setting the car you're in on fire an instant death..?

9. Steel Hyaena

Steel Hyaena Drawing Blood

Jan 14, 2017
    Female
    Author
    Tucson, AZ
    That makes me get my dear kitties and cuddle them close.

kystarrk likes this.
  10. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama VIP

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    I was at home with my 2 small children who were watching cartoons on KTLZ in Cal. when they broke in and started broadcasting Daniel on I-5, it went on for quite awhile I remember. I had no idea this guy was going to blow his brains out on National television while my kids watched and waited for their cartoons to start playing again. After he shot himself I had a helluva time trying to explain to a 4 and 5 year old in their terms what had just happened. I was SO pissed off that they showed this with zero care or consideration as to who was watching and how they would be affected. All that mattered were ratings. This is now 1 of the reason's along with nip-slip-gate that they delay programs 5 seconds so if anything like this happens again they can stop broadcast or whatever it is they need to do. In the end after finding out why he did this my heart went out to him. P.S. he believed the gas bombs he let off that burned himself and his dog would be strong enough to kill them both instantly. :(

Squid Jones and Zeus like this.