True Crime & Related Podcasts

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Prophetic Heretic, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Prophetic Heretic

Prophetic Heretic Prophetic Heretic, at your service. DM for help! VIP

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Machinist
    Canada
    @Entertainer asked,

What are some good true crime podcasts?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Mark Baker and Prophetic Heretic like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Prophetic Heretic

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Machinist
    Canada
    @Entertainer I noticed you are an Aussie. So you will probably already know of this first one.

Well, one of my favorite true crime podcasts right now is called "Casefile".

Because I am listening at least 8 hours per day, this one is fantastic. The average length per episode is 1-2 hours long but some of the stories can be upwards of 4-5 parts. The most recent case that I listened to was called "The East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker" and was 5 parts. Each part about 90-100 minutes long. The amount of time put into research for this podcast must be crazy. The quality, both soundwise and production value are amazing. I highly recommend this podcast for true crime fans.

You can find the website here.
    The east area rapist story can be found here. part1 part2 part3 part4 part5 bonus interviews 1+2

Next, I'm gonna recommend "Court Junkie".

This one is a bit different from Casefile as it follows court cases that are mostly current. So you get to hear a lot of the "behind the scene" info that regular news media does not cover. It is well produced with a nice library of cases to go through. Very in depth, well researched and has a wide range of crimes that are covered. This is a very easy to listen to podcast. Some episodes are rather short, and some can be a bit longer.

I recommend the Aaron Hernandez episodes of this podcast.
    Ep 13: Aaron Hernandez – From NFL Star to Convicted Murderer
    And
    Ep 21: The Final Trial For Aaron Hernandez (The Murders of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado)

But dig around, there is a shit ton of cool episodes from this well made podcast.

A couple of newer true crime podcasts that are awesome, and Canadian made.

The Minds of Madness - Facebook - iTunes - Stitcher

Canadian True Crime Podcast - Facebook - iTunes - Podbean

There is a MAJOR true crime podcast that many may feel should be on this list. I have had a falling out with the creator of this podcast and vowed to NEVER support him in any way, ever again. He's lied to me and many thousands if not millions of supporters. Therefore, I will never promote him or his work ever again. FUCK YOU M.B.!!

That being said, I have many more recommendations for this type of media. If you already know about these and want more, just let me know. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  3. Bob Dobbs

Bob Dobbs Deathling

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    U.S.
    I think I know who you're talking about, and I'm not trying to get in between any drama. But it must be said, "Sword and Scale" is a great podcast in the genre. I'm only coming at this as a consumer of those podcasts.

Other than that, "Last Podcast on the Left" is great. It's a humorous take on all things crime- but also takes on cults, the occult and much more. It doesn't even attempt to be serious, other than presenting the facts. After that its all fun and games.

*And to stay on topic, I'm also surprised I haven't heard about this one. That little girl must have suffered some lingering psychological effects after that insanity. I wonder if there are any interviews of her from later in life?

4. OP
    OP
    Prophetic Heretic

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Machinist
    Canada
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention about the Casefile podcast... The "east area rapist" series has maps accompanying each episode that corresponds directly with the episodes content. The maps are found in the show notes. This is the first time I have experienced this with such a high quality podcast.

Mark Baker likes this.
  5. TECHNOCHOCOLATE

TECHNOCHOCOLATE Drawing Blood

Jul 31, 2016
    Omg. Marry me. My family and friends think I'm odd because if I'm listening to something it's a true crime podcast. If I'm watching something, it's a true crime documentary.

Please drop some podcast goodness on us! I was listening to Sword and Scale and True Crime Garage.

6. Entertainer

Entertainer New Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Australia

Hey thanks so much for these. i will definitely look them up. Ive gotten to the end of the couple ive found so far.

Appreciate the effort and description for each.

7. Gina

Gina New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Female
    Ohio
    There is a MAJOR true crime podcast that many may feel should be on this list. I have had a falling out with the creator of this podcast and vowed to NEVER support him in any way, ever again. He's lied to me and many thousands if not millions of supporters. Therefore, I will never promote him or his work ever again. FUCK YOU M.B.!!

That being said, I have many more recommendations for this type of media. If you already know about these and want more, just let me know. Cheers![/QUOTE]

Did you have a falling out with the guy from Sword and Scale? I just started listening to that one and am just curious about the story.

Also, thanks for the recommends on the podcasts. I'm new to podcasts, so I don't know very many at this point.

8. OP
    OP
    Prophetic Heretic

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    Machinist
    Canada
    Rather than pounding a huge post with tons of podcasts, I am going to add one or two as I feel needed. The couple I have already mentioned have a very nice library of back episodes. So there is no need really to add another at this time. However, in case you have already heard aboot the ones mentioned, there is this one...

48 Hours Podcast

The iTunes description is as follows...
    Experience the best in intriguing crime and justice cases that touch on all areas of the human experience, including greed and passion, presented by the award-winning team at CBS News' "48 Hours." The team’s in-depth approach storytelling takes listeners inside the most difficult crime cases and human drama. For 27 seasons, "48 Hours" has developed a rich history of original reporting that has helped exonerate wrongly convicted people, caused cold cases to be reopened and solved, and along the way changed lives.

A nice sized library of episodes produced with a very high level of quality and detail.

iTunes - Stitcher - Play.it - Podbay - TuneIn

Mark Baker likes this.
  9. Psycho1D#

Psycho1D# Deathling

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    England
    Great ideas!

Let me add!
    As On Youtube:

(You can find great material around the channels!)

Rob Dyke
    And
    ReignBot

Mark Baker likes this.
  10. IAmMrPositive

IAmMrPositive Drawing Blood

Feb 3, 2016
    True Crime Garage is another good one. What on Earth happened with Mike? He's always had drama surrounding him.

11. PowerDrill

PowerDrill Drawing Blood

Mar 30, 2017
    Male
    Go West
    I'm listening to Sword and Scale episode 93, holy shit the killer is a loser, fuck him and his friend being interviewed.

12. Mark Baker

Mark Baker Death Head

Mar 15, 2018
    Male
    grampa
    Tipton , Indiana
    This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

13. Ptolemy

Ptolemy Death Addict

May 17, 2018
    Unknown
    I didn't know anything about podcasts. Now I know where to find them. Thanks.

kayLaLuna likes this.