User of the month

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cloyce, Aug 19, 2017.

1. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    AUD= upload_2017-8-24_19-26-39.jpeg ,right?

Cereal_Killer likes this.
  2. CALIMARIJONES

CALIMARIJONES Death Addict

Nov 3, 2016
    If I told u, I'd hav 2...eat ur noodle
    The Shadows
    BITCH it's every bitch has her day.

Squid Jones likes this.
  3. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer The Kellogg's Stalker! VIP

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Australia
  4. name

name nom nom nom VIP

Apr 22, 2017
    nunya damn
    The potato can handle it.

Cereal_Killer likes this.
  5. DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    The thought behind this Suggestion was very well intended and understood. Staff have discussed this and we can't see a proper way to implement this without causing just the opposite of what the Suggestion was about.

We're open to other suggestions - but a User of the Month award just won't work or be conducive in any real means to the general membership.

The thread for giving a fellow member, or a member asking for one, is the best route to take for this. We'll create trophies/awards for various levels of contributors that can be awarded based on the same principles as the OP was suggesting.

Hopefully, this will suffice and at the same time acknowledge those who are active and/or contribute.

Cheers :)

6. Mr_SeLeNiO

Mr_SeLeNiO Drawing Blood

Sep 12, 2017
    Male
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    well, yes there are too many members and so many variables to select one and al the conflicts that it drags, but, there are members that really should be mentioned, members who help keep the site alive too, that make awesome threads. So, I propose "Creator of the Month" or "Deathler of the Month" or some cool title, it promotes new quality content among other stuff, and I bet they will like to be recognized for their effort, also its super easy to implement, how will it be decided? by how many likes the member got from created threads (likes from their comments dont count)

DeathHand likes this.
  7. DeathHand

DeathHand Demolition Style Hell Canadian Freak Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Like you said, "too many members and so many variables."

We (DA staff) would like to see this too but we don't want to create a contest just so that a member or two can get an award based on what? New content isn't always the case...often, even in my postings...it's old to a degree. Any of us could post 200 images a day but what's the quality like? Hell, I could post so many gore images/videos per day that I'd probably use up the forum's allotted server space, lol: and others the same too.

Trying to track Likes would be like trying to track every time someone on the highway looked at you as you drove by them. Sorry, I don't mean to dismiss your suggestion but it's been decided that's it's a no-go because it's just to subjective to implement.

Thanks for the input on this one but it's already been debated and new awards/trophies put into it's place.

Cheers :)