War Is A Racket

Discussion in 'Politics, Debate, Religion, etc' started by PaulNewman, Apr 21, 2018.

1. PaulNewman

PaulNewman Death Head

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Senator Bernie Sanders once eloquently phrased the debacle in Iraq as, "the worst foreign policy blunder yet". I placed the emphasis on "yet", because there ain't no telling what lies ahead on this treacherous mountain road.
    The MIC has a lengthy history of supporting "intervention efforts" that only to serve to further destabilize regions that are already awash in conflict and turmoil.
    Any time faraway countries see a bloody power struggle at the domestic level, the US government sees that as an excuse to intervene and capitalize on the struggles of "The Other Government". This is so OUR military budget can exponentially grow and outgrow our "allies" AND "adversaries". It's indeed a power struggle, a bloody competition between militaries and governments. Ours is the most ambitious, and most willing to shed blood just to get ahead.
    I see our military budget as a water-logged balloon that is almost ready to burst, but not quite there yet. When it does burst, American voters may undergo a mass awakening (if they haven't already).
    But we may have to sift through mass carnage and physical/fiscal destruction before that happens.

2. Fa11n1

Fa11n1 Death Addict

Feb 5, 2018
    Male
    I.T.
    South America
    Tell me about it, there is no better way to boost the economy than war. War is the real power behind any government, their ability to wage war.

PaulNewman likes this.