What of Trump So Far?

Discussion in 'Politics, Debate, Religion, etc' started by DeathHand, Apr 15, 2017.

1. DeathHand

DeathHand Let It All Bleed Out Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    Living in Canada, I don't have to worry about Trump...except for seeing his mug on the front of almost every news outlet on the net. That and maybe the Trump tower in Toronto falling over.

From this side of the border, I personally can't stand the guy and can't understand how he managed to get in (aside from all of his money) and then actually win the presidential race.

He was a dick on his show "The Apprentice" and he's still a dick running a country - IMO.

Just wondering how the American folks (voted for him or not) on DA feel about how he's doing so far.

2. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama Staff Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    He fucking sucks, I want him impeached as soon as possible, and since it was the electoral college that got him there I'm seriously pissed at their grand fucking decision!! Who's he gonna blow up next??

Starkiller1125 likes this.
  3. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I couldn't stand either choice. Hate Hillary Clinton and embarrassed as hell that someone who behaves like Trump (even outside the Whitehouse) can become a president. I didn't vote because I couldn't stand behind either of them with a clear conscience.

4. Airbornemama

Airbornemama DA's Resident Trauma-Mama Staff Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Female
    Here, there and everywhere!
    I didn't vote either Zeus, same dilemma.

DeathHand likes this.
  5. Starkiller1125

Starkiller1125 DA's Firearm Savant

Jul 31, 2016
    Male
    Fisherman
    Bumfuck, Nebraska
    When he got elected I immediately thought "here comes ww3." Now with the shit he's pulling, we're headed there fast. At least I know my house will be safe when the commies start dropping from planes. Then I heard how he thinks Mexico is going to pay for the wall and I lost all hope.

DeathHand likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    DeathHand

DeathHand Let It All Bleed Out Staff Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Gore Hunter
    Ontario, Canada
    And that's cool. Not voting is still a civic duty which is the same as abstaining from voting according to Robert's Rules of Order. Even in the MC's that I was in (I was an executive) Robert's Rules of Order were strictly adhered to on club elections and other votes (ie: prospects).

I'm always amazed at how many people freak out when I say that I abstained and tore up my voting card and handed it to the Electoral person that was there. In Canada's last election I didn't like either of the 3 candidates (for Prime Minister - same as President) and didn't believe that they would carry out any of their campaign promises/goals so I went to the polling station, tore my voting card in half and handed it to the polling dude and told him that I "refuse my vote." There is a box that these polling people have to put these refused cards into.

MC's count all abstain votes but in the larger picture, governments do not. Basically it comes down to being a vote of non-confidence. Not sure about the States, but Canada does count all of these votes. Problem is that there are not enough of them to make any government official take notice because, well, we are supposed to vote - one way or another - regardless if we trust the candidates or not and many folks just vote on one candidate or the other.

I think it was Canada's 2013 elections and I looked up the votes: there were almost 2,000 votes of non-confidence. Another 15,000 and the government and potential candidates would have been forced to take notice.

Zeus likes this.
  7. Zeus

Zeus Owner Staff Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Male
    I got lectured shitless by a politics junkie when I told her I wasn't gonna vote. Sure, people died for the right to vote and others aren't allowed to vote at all, but I stopped voting for the lesser of two evils many years ago. I'd rather not vote than waste a vote.

DeathHand likes this.
  8. Grimztone

Grimztone Death Head VIP

Dec 22, 2016
    Male
    Aviation
    USA
    I voted for Trump. I do know that i did not want Hillary to be president. I think things are getting done but could happen faster. He is already president and what is done is done. Let's see what he can do. (or not do) But from my experience as a 46 year old man the President is not going to fix what is right or wrong with my life that would be up to me. Whether he stays for 4 years or 8. I will still be an US citizen and pretty sure no politician is going to help me much either way. Trump is not the Norm and i like that. Politicians for the first time have no idea if their jobs are safe or not. So I am going to strap myself in and hang on for dear life. Let's see where we end up. Again this is my opinion and i do not speak for all Trump voters.

DeathHand, Honest One, Outlaw and 2 others like this.
  9. Honest One

Honest One ETTAFUCKOUTAHE VIP

Jul 2, 2016
    Female
    Retired early
    The states
    I voted for Trump cause ANYONE but Killery.

DeathHand and Outlaw like this.
  10. PaulNewman

PaulNewman Death Head

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Gee, man, I don't know how to properly describe our situation anymore without my words falling outta place....
    I think Trump eploited the latent fascistic/authoritarian tendencies that's been brewing within' the GOP's establishment for years already. The Alt Right is nothing new. The Tea Party, Glenn Beck, Bush, just a manifestation of the far-right/nationalistic/neoconservative/anti-intellectual base of the party that's now took on a brand new name (Alt Right) but is the same old shit with a different cover. So as not to alienate everyone within' the party, Ron (and to a lesser degree, Rand) Paul had the potential to break those chains for a while.... I was following Ron's campaign closely in 2008, but coalesced around Obama in the end. Not saying it was a mistake what I did, but there are certain "lame-duck" elements of Obama's administration, as well as a lackluster foreign policy (compared to what he proposed during his first run), that I can't ignore. Still for a lame-duck, not godawful...
    Back to this administration? Progress? Or lack thereof? So far, I don't see bombs flying and body parts littered all over the roadways but that hardly makes Trump competent. KellyAnne is a wreck.... but she makes for good entertainment. This administration is mockeable. It uses the same tactics employed by the Neocons that Trump pretended to rail against (I didn't quite fall for it, but the Mccain crew was always public enemy#1 IMO). My main fear during this whole election wasn't being stuck with an egomaniac reality star who allows subtle bigotry into his campaign, just to score big with "the masses", as much as being stuck with a "bombs a blazin" war hawk, anti-drug crusader in the same vein as a Mccain (that translates to more profit for private prisons, less indivdual freedom). Trump is catering to this crowd, though he'd tell you to his face that he isn't. I'd like to shake his hand. I really would. But I don't see him as any greater than a cheapskate con artist opportunist who would do anything to make a buck (and he's loaded to the core).
    The alternatie option? Hillary's admin, I couldn't see as being particularly efficient nor damaging. Just more of the same, in a nutshell, and we could use formidable reform--but if Trump's idea of "reform" is overspending and fear-mongering tactics to justify that, then no thanks.
    Now that I can reveal myself, I voted for Gary Johnson. But this was one of those high-stakes elections where I don't blame you if you voted for the lesser evil. I knew who the lesser evil was to me, though I view neither as genuinely "evil", but rather products of their failures and vices.

DeathHand likes this.
  11. deviant2

deviant2 Drawing Blood

May 2, 2017
    ...the long road
  12. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer The Kellogg's Stalker! VIP

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    My opinion probably means very little as I'm not an American but I'll drop it here anyway.

Both sides were not good choices, however just on the fact that Hillary's whole campaign run off of "I'm a woman so vote for me because woman!" I believe that America made the correct decision, I'm happy that somebody is sticking up for American's rights of freedom and liberty. However it doesn't come with some draw backs obviously, I just wish that Australia would stop voting for people like this Malcolm Turnbull who's just out to push the feminist agenda.

13. Charon

Charon Death Addict

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Greece
    He didn't like self-racism though. LOL.

DeathHand likes this.
  14. HandsomeMan

HandsomeMan Deathling

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    welder
    Minnesota
    If you have a problem with Trump you probably get all of your thoughts and opinions from your boob tube or trendy celebrities that would sooner spit on you than look at you.

15. HandsomeMan

HandsomeMan Deathling

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    welder
    Minnesota
    I carefully read through this thread and wasn't surprised to not find a single legitimate criticism of Trump, just regurgitated trendy nonsense.

elemental likes this.
  16. elemental

elemental Super Moderator Staff Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Male
    Retired
    U.S
    Yes it does seem to be a trend with people who can't think for themselves.

17. PaulNewman

PaulNewman Death Head

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    He's a man of all strengths and zero faults? He built an entire campaign on fear-mongering, far-right nationalism. The first thing he does when he announces his run for Presidency is paint a crucial demographic base with a broad brush.... labeling them "rapists" who are bringing drugs and crime. He wastes precious time, stirring up wildly exaggerated emotions regarding illegal immigration, when he could be taming his personality and reaching out to moderates/liberals. The man's a one-trick pony, he's good at swindling and other white-collar crime bullshit but not much else. You gotta know who you're dealing with when you look up to our President as a Messiah. I don't look down to him as the Anti-christ, just a highly flawed character who got to where he is today through rather unethical means. I voted third-party....